Clan na Gael rally

• 601 posts
    April 11, 2011 8:47 AM PDT
    just back from Clan na Gael's first club rally. Fantastic 180 mile ride to a pub in the middle of nowhere. My idea of what a rally should be... bikes..booze and music. No vendors..no rip off's, two food stalls selling cheap good food and one tattoo artist. This was one of the most laid back party I was ever at, meself and Dyna just talked shyte for the night, got slowly and quietly drunk and listened to some cool sounds, absolutely no posers or shoulder shovers allowed. The roads to and from the site were "challenging" to say the least...the one tail-light I saw on the road was probably my own !! This was a pure back to basics bike rally, with down to earth people chilling out. I don't carry a camera to rally's, as I'm a "no evidence-no trial" person. But I will get some from the " Irish Bikers Bible" next month, and post a few here. I'm off back to Norway on Wednesday for a 2 week rotation and the memories and flashbacks from  this rally will keep my sanity intact ( thats if I was ever sane) for another wee while................ Dragon, you would have loved this rally.
    • 0 posts
    April 11, 2011 9:22 AM PDT
    Sounds bloody cool mate..We are a drinking club with a motorbike problem so our ries are pub to pub affairs..CHEERS BOOF
    • 19034 posts
    April 11, 2011 11:58 AM PDT
    Neil, that sounds just fantastic. Wish I could been there.
  • April 11, 2011 12:31 PM PDT
    that sound brilliant...good for you to have the memories and the sanity...?
    • 5420 posts
    April 12, 2011 1:45 AM PDT
    Yep, my kind of rally!!! Sounds like a great time. Now I know when I come to Ireland to come the first week of April so we can go with you!!!
    • 601 posts
    April 12, 2011 6:12 AM PDT
    anyone coming from U.S just give us a wee bit of notice...we'll pop on the kettle, and warm up the scones.... OZ welcome too.
    • 0 posts
    April 12, 2011 9:51 AM PDT
    Kettle? Scones? Bloody hell mate.......
    • 601 posts
    April 27, 2011 9:07 AM PDT
    Meself and Dyna at the Cna G rally....