Big Dog Motorcycles Shutting their Doors

• 5420 posts
    April 6, 2011 1:02 AM PDT
    We just posted the news that Big Dog Motorcycles is Shutting the Doors... and a real good chance they will not re-open them.

I personally have always liked the Big Dog line of motrocycles. They kind of reminded me of a modern day Old School Chopper. 

And I really like the Big Dog Riders.  Thanks to an introduction from our good friend Raywood, we had the pleasure of sharing our camp site in Sturgis with the group from Big Dog Biker Forums.  What a great group of guys!!!

• 33 posts
    April 6, 2011 1:20 AM PDT
    Bummer - but these have to be tough times for that! If a guy had a nest egg over flow right now, it would be time to pick up a couple bikes!
    • 2 posts
    April 6, 2011 1:58 AM PDT
    Not my style - Not my price range but sad just the same.
    http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2011/04/05/big-dog-motorcycles-halts-production/
    • 1364 posts
    April 6, 2011 2:20 AM PDT
    Sad, But on am upper note, Raywood, Jazzy, Chilli, and a few of the other Bigdog Kats will be at RWR again this year, Great folks
    • 16843 posts
    April 6, 2011 3:37 AM PDT
    This doesn't surprise me, Big Dog bikes are well built, but with the economy of the day, factory built choppers flooding the market, their main target group moving on to other interest, etc., this was bound to happen.
    The bad thing is this might have a "snowball effect" on suppliers such as S&S, Performance Machine and so on that have "tooled up" to feed the industry.
    Back in the heyday of choppers the aftermarket went the parts route instead of building production bikes, they diversified with the trends and many of them are still in business.
    • 846 posts
    April 6, 2011 7:40 AM PDT
    Sad day I liked there bikes and what they had done. If cash was no object there would be on next to the RK. But I guess thats the point to the reason for closing. Cash is not what it was a few years ago. Who knew that 3 years ago was the high point for alot of things. Everythings a cycle and this too shall pass.
    To better times.
    • 844 posts
    April 6, 2011 7:50 AM PDT
    I always liked the Big Dog bikes. Clean, not to much flash out of the factory with potential to personalize. Shame to see them go!
    • 0 posts
    April 6, 2011 8:21 AM PDT
    I was just looking at a bloody ripper K9 on ebay last night.But then again I they are still gonna be making parts for a while so it should be cool.Shit I might as well have another out of production bike parked next to the buell..CHEERS BOOF