Bad situation. I need advice

• 2 posts
    April 2, 2011 1:37 PM PDT

I've never talked about this before, but I really need advice on what could be a crucial decision. I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me.

The usual signs... phone rings but if I answer the caller hangs up. My wife has been going out a lot although when I ask who she's with she always replies, “Just some friends from work, you don't know them.”

I always stay awake to look out for her taxi coming home, but she always walks down the drive. Although I can hear a car driving off, as if gotten out down the street. Why? Maybe she wasn't in a taxi?

I once picked up her cell phone to see the time and she went crazy, screaming that I shouldn't touch her things and carrying on about her right to privacy... blah, blah, blah.

I finally had enough and decided I would park the bike next to the garage and then hide behind it so I could get a good view of the whole street when she came home. It was at that moment, crouching behind my bike, that I noticed that the valve covers seemed to be leaking oil.

So, is this something I can fix myself or should I take it to a mechanic? Thanks in advance.  

• 467 posts
    April 2, 2011 1:47 PM PDT
    Hahaha, if you are any kind of a wrench, you should be able to take of it yourself.
  • April 2, 2011 1:51 PM PDT
    valve covers,easy do it yourself project,the other part is easy too,get a new ride.
    • 1516 posts
    April 2, 2011 3:33 PM PDT
    Well if you feel confident, take it on yourself,, if not, the ole man AKA Harleyman,,, he has been known to be to know his way around a bike or two, message him, he will be glad to help!!!!
  • April 2, 2011 3:53 PM PDT
    I would be very careful before you make your next move. Get all your ducks in a row. Been there, done that....

Old seals can really be a pain if you arn't ready. And for gods sake, DON'T scratch any chrome!!!
    • 9 posts
    April 3, 2011 7:32 AM PDT
    Yea, about those valve covers....best to tend to them now, neglect can lead to bigger problems. Just sayin'
    Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 601 posts
    April 3, 2011 8:39 AM PDT
    good to see someone who gets his priorities right, valve covers have to be treated with great care and attention...as for the missus...reminds me of girl who on a cold wet windy night, gave me a choice...ME, or the bike !...I still miss her.
  • April 3, 2011 10:37 AM PDT
    Maybe, just maybe your wife's boyfriend is a bike mechanic and will give you a great deal for the wife. I had a friend who got a new bike for his wife and I told him that was a really good deal!
    • 2 posts
    April 3, 2011 1:31 PM PDT
    I just noticed the thread got moved. I guess I posted it in the wrong area. Sorry. Don't worry everyone, all is well. It was just a joke. My bike isn't really leaking oil
  • April 3, 2011 2:36 PM PDT
    You saying you haven't shot the wife and her boyfriend yet?
  • April 3, 2011 11:52 PM PDT
    Ah!!! You got me. Good joke.

And hey...nice ride. wink wink
    • 846 posts
    April 4, 2011 1:14 AM PDT
    Well, you had me I was concerned about the oil leak.
  • April 14, 2011 3:55 AM PDT
    LOL : )
    • 21 posts
    April 17, 2011 10:22 AM PDT
    that was awesome!