Thoughts and prayers for my wife

• February 19, 2011 1:03 AM PST

Thursday afternoon we were out running errands and had just finished getting getting myself fitted for glasses when my wife started having severe chest pains.I took her to the nearest hospital to get her checked out-her father and younger sister have had heart attacks.Everyone in the er was sure she was having a heart attack and got her hooked up to the monitors and started giving her nitro pills.After 3 nitro pills the pain was the same so they did the nitro patch,still no change so they tried morphine,didnt do anything so they tried another type of pain killer,still didnt help,tried another dose and the pain finnaly let up.They did 2 ekg's and ran a test for blood clots,both test came out good.They kept her overnight to monitor her and to run more test on Friday,and after looking at the results of the stress test and ultrasound they could find no problems.She was released from the hospital last night and they will se her as an outpatient to run more test to find out what was causing her severe pains.Today is her birthday so at least she gets to be at home instead of being at the hospital.

• February 19, 2011 1:08 AM PST
    Our Thoughts & Prayers are with you, your wife and your family. We wish her a very Happy Birthday and all the best!
    • 114 posts
    February 19, 2011 1:14 AM PST
    Jake, My thoughts and prayers are with you both. Not knowing is oftentimes worse than knowing. I know it's difficult, but trust and have faith cause...God is good all the time....
    • 2 posts
    February 19, 2011 1:23 AM PST
    Consider it done.

• February 19, 2011 1:41 AM PST
    Prayers out to your wife Jake and you also hope all turns out well.
    • 5420 posts
    February 19, 2011 1:57 AM PST
    Hey Jake, what a scare that was for you. Our prayers and thoughts are with her, and we certainly hope whatever this was never shows itself again!

Happy Birthday To Your Wife!!!
    • 19034 posts
    February 19, 2011 3:30 AM PST
    Geez what a frightening thing to have happen, for both of you. All of that and still not knowing. Good thoughts and hopes for the best to you and her, And relay a get well / happy birthday wish to her.
  • February 19, 2011 8:15 AM PST
    Wish her a Happy Birthday for us.  She is going to be OK.

jb
    • 1516 posts
    February 19, 2011 1:22 PM PST
    ♫ Happy Birthday to wifey! ♫ and may her pain just as mysteriously disappear as it appeared!! and as my friend Boof would say... that's all I got to say about that!!!
  • February 19, 2011 2:33 PM PST
    My prayers are with you and your wife. God is good, all the time!
  • February 19, 2011 2:57 PM PST
    Thoughts and prayers....hope she will be fine.
    • 16825 posts
    February 19, 2011 3:22 PM PST
    You got it, hope it's just some kind of isolated event that doesn't repeat itself.
  • February 19, 2011 11:59 PM PST
    Wow that was scary at the hospital I bet. Our thoughts and prayers go out to your wife and you and let her know we wish her a happy birthday.
    • 202 posts
    February 20, 2011 12:12 AM PST
    That sounds like a very difficult time... must have been a lot of waiting, and waiting... nothing worse than that. Must have been extremely scarey too! Glad she is home, safe and healthy. My prayers are for her recovery. Won't forget this birthday anytime! Happy Birthday sweetie!
    • 2072 posts
    February 20, 2011 12:56 AM PST
    The human body is a strange creature....... Sure hope this was just a passing incident and nothing else show up. AND, a very Happy Birthday to her !!!!
    • 580 posts
    February 22, 2011 1:53 AM PST
    Hope she managed to have a good birthday and that she's feeling much better now

Hugs (o:
    • 44 posts
    February 22, 2011 2:37 AM PST
    Jake I hope your wife is ok and my prays are with you and her . This past Sat me and my wife went on a ride for the church but before we all meet at the local restuant to have breakfast as we got ready to leave these two dogs were in the parking lot everyone peted them and that was that WE THOUGHT!!  When I started up the pit bull went into atack mode biting me on my left calf I pulled out. My wife seeing her way out she took off and so did the dog almost pulling her off her bike biting her on both legs she tried to stop almost went down she kicked the dog and grabed another gear and off to the races with dog in hot persuit Harley And My wife win she's ok some bruises more pissed about her leather.Very proud of her she handled her bike let a pro BEWARE OF THE DOG  
    • 58 posts
    February 22, 2011 3:22 AM PST
    Jake, How is your wife? Still doing well I pray?

Speedyre, been there done that. Had a dog hit me from behind last summer as I was coming to a stop sign. His tooth caught in my jeans and pulled me right off. Thank you H-D for stout engine and saddlebag guards.
  • February 22, 2011 9:07 AM PST
    Sorry to hear bout your wife. Must have been scary as hell. Wish her Happy Birthday from us and we will keep her in our thought:-)
  • February 22, 2011 11:04 PM PST
    Thanks for all of the prayers,she went to her doctor yesterday,he thinks its her gall bladder,more test are scheduled, she is still in some pain but nothing like thursday,everyone take care and ride safe!
    • 9 posts
    February 22, 2011 11:53 PM PST
    Good Luck, Jake.... It's always hard when the one you love is in need. Our family prays for you guys. Hope it all works out for the best!
  • February 24, 2011 4:44 PM PST
    you and your wife are in my prayers!!!!