Do You Garage?

• 0 posts
    February 9, 2011 5:06 PM PST
    Before I was a singularly challenged bloke all my bikes used to live inside..I had my harley's in the lounge room and used them as furniture..My dirt bikes used to live in the kitchen coz there was a sink and lino on the floor which made it easier to clean them..My Mum has a photo somewhere of my mates and I all sitting on our bikes eating dinner drinking beer and eating diner in my lounge room. Oh the "bad" old days...CHEERS BOOF
  • February 9, 2011 6:12 PM PST
    Thanks for asking...Dixie is tucked in the garage nice n warm n toasty...Her n I've been in some hourendous storms but when we're home she is indoors under lock n key.... somehow the area I live in has been named Felony Flats  so If'n ya wanna keep it...Lock it up...!!!
  • February 10, 2011 1:18 AM PST
    Absolutely kept in the garage under lock and key. If I did not have a garage I would try to keep it covered or use one of those bike barn covers. Do not underestimate the additional wear and tear the elements place on a bike or any mechanical item.
  • February 11, 2011 10:55 AM PST
    I bought one of those Amish wooden sheds 8'x10' with double doors and put a strip heater in it with a thermostat. Set the thermostat and 50 and it sits there all winter. I put the bikes on my aluminum jacks and just clear the tires off the floor and leave the bikes on a battery tender. No problems, no rust and if a good day comes up I just lower the jack on the bike I want and go. I would not put them in a metal shed nor under a plastic cover.
  • February 11, 2011 10:14 PM PST
    I do at home, but on my winter vacation In Florida I keep the Hawg In a 7x14 closed trailer. so It don't get any rest.
  • February 15, 2011 4:27 AM PST
    Mine stays under a portable awning and chained up. She gets leaves, blown snow & rain on her, but I clean her up regularly. A motorcycle is a machine. It is intended to be worked. I always place & usually win bike shows when I enter. Most people appreciate a bike that is ridden, more than a work of art that never sees the pavement. The day I start to worry about a little nick in my paint or a little rain or mud, is the day I need to stop riding. My leather is worn, my boots are scuffed, and my bike is well seasoned.
  • February 15, 2011 4:48 AM PST
    Garaged only, baby! If they weren't we wouldn't be able to find them right now in all this snow.
    • 834 posts
    February 16, 2011 8:01 AM PST
    I live in So AZ where the weather is always nice, but I do keep it in the garage for security reasons. Not the best of neighborhoods...
  • February 17, 2011 7:00 AM PST
    living in florida mine is always garage unless I'm on the open road, my wife 87 fxlr custom is also in the garage unless we ride together and mine is an 2010 fatboy lo.
  • February 17, 2011 9:08 AM PST
    stays in building too much chrome to stay outside
    • 75 posts
    February 17, 2011 10:31 AM PST
    I feel fortunate that I don't have the theft problem that most of you are talking about but my bike sleeps between rides inside the garage.   I've ridden in all sorts of nasty weather but the bike gets tucked away afterward.  I live in Denver and ride to work year round (when there's no ice) and even then I park in a parking garage downtown .  If you ever see any of my bikes sitting out in the snow or rain, look around , my dead body is probably close by...