Don't You Hate That???

• 9 posts
    February 6, 2011 4:02 AM PST

Well, it's Super Bowl time again, and just like every other year, I look forward to seeing the new commercials. They have been getting more and more creative and they are just plain riotious sometimes. Some years, depending on who was playing, I actually looked forward to the commercials more. Breaks up the monotony, know what I mean?  But here's my beef, in the last couple of years or so, they have started pre-releasing the new commercials, to hype the product or the game, or just to peak some interest, I don't know. But I HATE THAT! I like to see them, fresh, during the game. I like to see them thru "virgin" eyes, if you will. Nothing ruins something for me more, than a daggone "preview". It's the same at movie theaters, while I don't mind a teaser/trailer, I don't want to see all the best parts of the movie, in a 2 minute clip. Damnabbit!  But I digress, my list of grievances about advertizers is a mile long, so I won't bore you. I just wanna know, if this pisses off anyone else?  I've taken to not watching TV at all on SBS (Super Bowl Sunday), until game time, that way, they can't ruin anything for me. Besides, it gives me more time in the kitchen, cooking up all that awesome football food. I'm hungry...

Ride Free...Tweek  P.S. GO GREENBAY!!!

• February 7, 2011 12:50 AM PST
    I hear ya and its just a small part of why I have totally lost all interest in sports... Didn't watch the game at all.
    • 58 posts
    February 7, 2011 6:10 AM PST
    I thought the Puppy Bowl was pretty good. Had never seen that before.
    • 5417 posts
    February 7, 2011 6:22 AM PST
    I don't usually watch much network TV so don't see the pre-releases of the commercials that you are talking about. But I can understand where you're coming from...for many sitting around with a group of friends and seeing these normally pretty funny commercials is part of the Super Bowl tradition. I was at a pretty big and noisy party yesterday with a lot of running for more food and beer during the commercials, so I missed almost all of them. But the game was GREAT!!!
    • 202 posts
    February 7, 2011 7:52 AM PST
    at work on Sunday morning they had two commercials 'pre-released' on the today show (or something like that)... i didn't want to see them then, i wanted to see them during the superbowl. This year, however, i didn't find the commercials to be that great. Wasn't too impressed with the half-time show either, but then again, that is not my kind of music. i enjoyed the years we had ZZ top; and bruce springsteen! Oh well... doesn't leave ya with much to look forward to when you don't follow football to begin with!

But the food is good!
    • 2 posts
    February 8, 2011 1:48 AM PST
    Didn't see any of the commercials:
    Don't watch much network TV hence missed the pre-releases
    When watching the Super Bowl set the remote up - Super Bowl - CSPAN - Puppy Bowl

Last few years the Super Bowls have been really good - Watched all of the games + When in the presence of a Pittsburgh girl it is worth your fingers to attempt to remote away from even the boring parts of a Steelers game
    • 2 posts
    February 10, 2011 1:23 AM PST
    Am told that I missed this because I remote away from the commercials - If that is true missed something good

p.s.: Is it just that I am old or do the "Black Eye Peas" suck as much as I think they do?
             Little Mother made me leave them on & had to leave the room to pour Clorox in my ears.
  • February 10, 2011 6:57 AM PST
    That was a good presentation of the Declaration and you were right the peas did suck. Would rather have had The Stones
  • February 10, 2011 6:58 AM PST
    That was a good presentation of the Declaration and you were right the peas did suck. Would rather have had The Stones
  • February 10, 2011 8:12 AM PST
    They hit a homerun with the declaration of independance but completely struck out with the Black eyed peas and i don't think it matters how old your are. Both my twenty something kids said they sucked! Bring back the classic rock bands or some country would be great too. Btw what kind of music/noise are the Black eyed peas?
    • 19004 posts
    February 11, 2011 1:09 AM PST
    Jefferson was a man who had mastery of words. There was an interesting scene in the HBO mini series "John Adams" where Adams, Franklin and Jefferson were editing the original draft from Jefferson. Fascinating!
    • 2 posts
    February 11, 2011 1:27 AM PST
    Didn't bother me at all.  The game with the funney shaped ball ain't so Super to me so I watched America's Funniest Home Video's
  • February 11, 2011 1:48 AM PST
    The Black Eyed Peas are far from what I call music however the entire production was impressive. Too bad it wasn't done to better music. Maybe I am biased from playing in the marching band in school.