Vet Videos

• January 8, 2011 1:25 PM PST
    I'm working on a couple of new vids on bikers and our lifestyle, but I also noticed that there were a few veteran vids posted. I thought what the hey, lets see what we can come up with. Actually, I watched this one at work, and it did bring a tear to my eye. A co-worker that knows me, saw and asked if I was ok. Then she saw what I was watching, (I had headphones on), smiled, and gave me a pat on the shoulder. Had to step outside and compose myself. Happens occasionaly. Can't believe I'm puttin' this out there!.I haven't figured out how ta put the vid in the forum yet, so I'll just paste the url.

Well, that didn't work, so here is the url:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9IjjUCFFmg&feature=related />
    • 223 posts
    January 8, 2011 1:44 PM PST
    Recorded by JD Nash and Red Circle.  My brother, JD is a Gulf War Veteran, his brother was in Vietnam.  My husband's father is a three war Vet, WW II, Vietnam, and Korea.  Not many of his kind left.  My son-in-law is in the Army and being deployed for his third tour to Afghanistan in April. My Grandfather was at the second wave at Normandy.  I've had family in the military for as long as the military has existed and before that, they were warriors in the woods of the New England area.  I couldn't serve but stand proud for my family who have, who are, and who will and for all those that have served to keep our country free.

My big brother, Navy Veteran, JD Nash.

• January 8, 2011 5:32 PM PST
    sjsak1 - Thanks for sharing that link. I just posted it on my facebook page!
  • January 8, 2011 11:50 PM PST
    those are just AWSOME vids!!!!!!!! as a member of the Patriot Guard Riders they hit pretty close to home. My father was a USMC vet who served in Beruit in the late 50's early 60's. he just past away a yr ago the 28th of this month. I unfortunately was turned downed by our military due to me having a messed up back so i wasnt able to serve our country like i really wanted to. i was gonna join the USMC to follow in my fathers footsteps but like i said was unable to so i serve my country by joining the PGR and honor those who have served.
    • 19064 posts
    January 9, 2011 2:03 AM PST
    Good Video Sjsak1, and Beki, I still think that is one of the best I have ever seen or heard. Your words and your brother in laws performance are Fantastic!
  • January 9, 2011 2:13 AM PST
    Outstanding vids and words. Here is one I think a lot of people should listen to. The vets and people associated with the military understan this, but that is a small percent of the population. Amazing how it equates to todays "citizens". And yes, it is a voice over, but it's what is SAID that counts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyUX6wV1lBQ
  • January 9, 2011 2:14 AM PST
    Outstanding vids and words. Here is one I think a lot of people should listen to. The vets and people associated with the military understan this, but that is a small percent of the population. Amazing how it equates to todays "citizens". And yes, it is a voice over, but it's what is SAID that counts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyUX6wV1lBQ
  • January 9, 2011 2:23 AM PST
    OOOpppppsssss!
  • January 9, 2011 2:38 AM PST
    Great Vids they went straight to my facebook
    • 1780 posts
    January 9, 2011 3:04 AM PST
    Wolfy70 wrote...
    those are just AWSOME vids!!!!!!!! as a member of the Patriot Guard Riders they hit pretty close to home. My father was a USMC vet who served in Beruit in the late 50's early 60's. he just past away a yr ago the 28th of this month. I unfortunately was turned downed by our military due to me having a messed up back so i wasnt able to serve our country like i really wanted to. i was gonna join the USMC to follow in my fathers footsteps but like i said was unable to so i serve my country by joining the PGR and honor those who have served.

Let me (as a Military Vet) tell you something Wolfy, you have nothing to be ashame of or less proud of due to the fact you could not serve in our Nations Military. I admire you for your involvement in the Patriot Guard Riders, what a great organization, and what a great honor as a fallen hero to have you guys riding in the final march forward.
    All things in our life happens for a reason, you honor your Country greatly by your words and your actions as a member of the PGR.
    Ride Proud, and Ride Safe my Brother.,
    Night Dragon  

• 1780 posts
    January 9, 2011 3:27 AM PST
    This video may be a little hard to watch, and for sure I would not have chosen this Music, but it shows how crazy combat can get sometimes for the Marines.........
    enjoy, and support our Troops !!!!
  • January 9, 2011 3:27 AM PST
    You won't get a bit of hassle from me on that topic Wolfy....you had / have a reason. A lot didn't. At least you are doing something as you were not able to serve as you wanted to. To me, that's just about the same as having served. 
  • January 9, 2011 3:53 AM PST
    Thanks Stan and dragon that means alot to me. only downfall to the PGR is my work doesnt allow me enough time to do more missions and yes they are an awsome organization
  • January 9, 2011 9:01 AM PST
    OK, we had the Marine vid, so I had to post an Army Vid. Army Aviation that is. I origionaly wanted to enlist for Armor, but in their infinate wisdom, the army said I couldn't, so they put me in aviation on chinooks to start. What a ball!!

• 223 posts
    January 9, 2011 11:17 AM PST
    I went to the lake today and passed the Ozawkie cemetery.  Nearly six year ago my friend Ricky passed away.  I went to his funeral but couldn't go to his burial.  He was a Vet and a damn good man. 

He was the kind of guy who would run in front of people to step on the pressure pad, so that an automatic door would open for them.  He always had a smile, didn't matter who you were or where you were in life.  He would challenge his co-workers when charity events took place, that if they raised more than him, he would wear a wig.  He always lost, so that others would win.  That's just how he was.

I've never known where he was buried, just the cemetery, but didn't really know where it was.  We saw the sign today and my husband asked if I wanted to stop and try to find his grave and I wasn't sure, so he turned around and went anyway.  To make a long story short, we searched and searched (thankfully it's a rather small country cemetery) but couldn't find him. 

Just as we were about to leave, we saw a golden eagle circling at the east end of the cemetery.  I asked my husband to stop the car and I walked (the long way of course, lol) to right under where the eagle was circling.  The headstones were covered with snow and there's no way I would have ever seen his marker, especially since it was flat.  But there it was... I brushed away the snow and saw his name.  Almost six years after his death, I finally made it to his grave.  When he was alive, he asked me to make him a medicine wheel, but he died before I could get it done.  After he died, I had no where to take it to, so I haven't made it yet.  I'll be making that medicine wheel next weekend and taking it to his grave to hang there.

I know this is a little out of what the thread is about, but I wanted Ricky to know that his service, his friendship, and his time here on earth wasn't just appreciated, it was cherished.

RIP Mr. Clean, I miss the hell outta you and hope you've finally found that serenity you were searching for.  Love you man...

• January 9, 2011 1:33 PM PST
       Ah, if we only had a million more like you Razncain.
    • 1161 posts
    January 9, 2011 2:35 PM PST
    Thought I would add an Airborne Paratrooper but at least it is a real setting and jumps. 

Saw it and makes me want to jump again!  Song name is "Blood on the Risers"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7GlTNE433w&feature=related

• 1780 posts
    January 10, 2011 12:42 AM PST
    sjsak1 wrote...
    OK, we had the Marine vid, so I had to post an Army Vid. Army Aviation that is. I origionaly wanted to enlist for Armor, but in their infinate wisdom, the army said I couldn't, so they put me in aviation on chinooks to start. What a ball!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoSZVEUlvL4&feature=fvw All I can say is ...FAR OUT!!!!!!

• 1780 posts
    January 10, 2011 12:45 AM PST
    Seakers wrote...
    Thought I would add an Airborne Paratrooper but at least it is a real setting and jumps. 

That is some crazy shit my Brother

• January 10, 2011 1:02 AM PST
    Seakers wrote...

Cool Seakers! As for myself, I just couldn't see jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft, even if it was a helicopter! LOL!!
  • January 11, 2011 11:33 AM PST
    I am with ya on that one Stan lol