Iconic images

• 0 posts
    November 13, 2010 4:33 PM PST
    Templar1312 wrote...
    BOOF, love the jacket.
    Thanx Mate..I had it custom made and nearly lost it in deadwood when these little jerk snatched it and ran....As you can see I caught them...CHEERS BOOF
    • 0 posts
    November 13, 2010 5:00 PM PST
    BlvdCruiser wrote...
    Hey Boof..... Steve Irwin has ALWAYS been one of my hero's !!!!!!! My dream vacation has always been to go to Australia, dive the barrier reef and visit his zoo !!!
    Old stevo's zoo is just up the road from where we live mate.......If ya ever get over give us a Oi....Crikey we can take ya to the Ettamogah Pub just up the road and ya can eat the croc too...CHEERS BOOF
    • 513 posts
    November 14, 2010 12:28 AM PST
    Here are some of mine
    • 1364 posts
    November 15, 2010 2:04 AM PST
    The Fonz.
    • 1780 posts
    November 15, 2010 2:41 AM PST
    Dyna wrote...
    Here are some of mine

The middle picture is right out of Easy Rider Mag.....am I wrong?
    Dragon

• 601 posts
    November 15, 2010 6:50 AM PST
    One of my first memories of television............haven't watched much more of it since !
    • 1364 posts
    November 15, 2010 7:00 AM PST
    nightdragon wrote...
    Dyna wrote...
    Here are some of mine

The middle picture is right out of Easy Rider Mag.....am I wrong?
    Dragon

David Mann(RIP) ~ Ghost Rider

• 1780 posts
    November 15, 2010 7:39 AM PST
    Loved David's art........
    • 1066 posts
    November 15, 2010 2:02 PM PST
    David Mann lives on forever, in the eyes of us "Older Bikers", who knew who he was.
    • 513 posts
    November 15, 2010 5:55 PM PST
    When I was a youngster growing up I had the two david mann posters (below) on the wall of my bedroom and I think it led to the style of bike that I love and ride.
    His art was/is always amazing and even today my nine year old has the same poster.
    • 846 posts
    November 15, 2010 11:32 PM PST
    David Mann’s art I appreciated it when I first seen it in Easy Rider and more so now. It still tugs at the heart. One of my favorites
    • 844 posts
    November 16, 2010 3:52 AM PST
    How could we ever forget the young Marlin Brando in The Wild One...

• 844 posts
    November 16, 2010 3:54 AM PST
    Hollywood wrote...
    David Mann lives on forever, in the eyes of us "Older Bikers", who knew who he was.

Loved his art.  I used to take all the David Mann drawings I could find and hang 'em in my garage!!!  Some I still have that I have to get up in my new place.

• 513 posts
    November 16, 2010 7:46 AM PST
    Sorry man but Brando....no freakin' way........he was to uptight and full of it for me.

The real hero of the wild one is Mr. Lee Marvin.

I read somewhere that him and brando did not like each other and there was a certain amount of realism to their fight.
    Brando's character was toooooooo deep for me after all we are here for a good time not a long time!
  • November 22, 2010 2:41 PM PST
    If we're going to talk iconic motorcycle pictures, can't forget Steve McQueen jumping the fence on the Indian Scout

• 513 posts
    November 22, 2010 7:00 PM PST
    UncleCharlie wrote...
    If we're going to talk iconic motorcycle pictures, can't forget Steve McQueen jumping the fence on the Indian Scout

I think you will find that it was a Triumph  see here tiger100.co.uk/mcqueen.html

• November 23, 2010 1:50 AM PST
    I stand corrected Dyna. I was actually reading an article about one of Steve McQueen's personal Scouts being sold at auction when the movie came to mind, and this topic. Then I just had too many things floating around in this old brain.
    • 513 posts
    November 24, 2010 12:38 AM PST
    UncleCharlie wrote...
    I stand corrected Dyna. I was actually reading an article about one of Steve McQueen's personal Scouts being sold at auction when the movie came to mind, and this topic. Then I just had too many things floating around in this old brain.

Sorry if I came across as brupt but a couple of years agao I had this bloke in a pub try to tell me how he swapped out for a japanese trials bike when it came to the stunt. he was so adament about it that he got in my face a bit, pure thick he was. A friend of mine was able to access the web on his fone and even then he would not believe it so it is just one of those niggly bit that draws me out.
    • 19004 posts
    November 24, 2010 6:28 AM PST
    In any event it is a classic "Iconic" image. When I read your link Neil I was waxing nostalgically over my my 73 Bonneville. What a fun bike that was.