Twinkies Diet - Now We're Talking

• November 9, 2010 9:02 AM PST
    Just read this.  Now we're talking a diet I can stick with!!!

Twinkies Diet Details: 10 Weeks of Junk Food Loses 27 Pounds

Twinkies Diet? The two words alone conjure up images of artery clogging creme, sugary cakes and fattening foods - right? Well, a nutrition professor has used what's being called the "Twinkies Diet" to lose 27 pounds, according to his Facebook page.

For 10 weeks, Mark Haub’s diet consisted of almost nothing by powdered donuts, Twinkies, Doritos, Oreos and other junk food items. Dubbing it the "Twinkies Diet" or "convenience store diet", Haub told CNN that pure calorie counting, rather than nutrition, is the most important factor in losing weight.

He says his body mass index (BM) went down from 28.8 to 24.9 and he now weighs 174 pounds. Haub told CNN. "What does that mean? Does that mean I'm healthier? Or does it mean how we define health from a biology standpoint, that we're missing something?"

He went on to tell the network: "I'm not geared to say this is a good thing to do…I'm stuck in the middle. I guess that's the frustrating part. I can't give a concrete answer."

• 580 posts
    November 9, 2010 10:17 AM PST
    I've been on a seafood diet for years - I see food and I eat it lol (o:
    • 58 posts
    November 9, 2010 10:26 AM PST
    Me, it's a high protein diet, high carb diet. More beer, pls.
    • 5420 posts
    November 9, 2010 10:33 AM PST
    I'm thinking if you can loose weight with Twinkies, then you should be able to loose weight even faster with Deep Fried Twinkies!!!
    • 0 posts
    November 9, 2010 12:12 PM PST
    Well ive been informed by Marni that i have to cut back to 7 meals a day...There is not a meal between breakfast and brunch or brunch and lunch........Since i clocked up the double ton(214 lbs)I've tried everything to loose weight.You know haircuts,Sucking my gut in,only a 6 pack of beer for lunch,nothing works.Looks like I've caught that "big boned" thing..I'm gonna have to try these Twinkies things,but I'm gonna have to import the bloody things coz they dont sell the skinny enhancing bastards down here..........CHEERS BIG FAT BUZZED BOOF
  • November 9, 2010 3:13 PM PST
    Im on the world famous nightly bowl of ice cream diet after dinner while watching TV diet!
    • 19058 posts
    November 9, 2010 11:00 PM PST
    My diet is my cooking. If you had to eat it you would loose too.
    • 580 posts
    November 10, 2010 1:57 AM PST
    I have too much will power to diet - I see it and say I WILL just have it! It's won't power I need so I should be saying I won't have it - hee hee

Glasgow in Scotland do speciality deep fried Mars Bars (a chocolate, soft nougat and caramel bar for those who don't know it) in a beer batter. How about that one for ya Boof and Lucky?

Mike - that's what some folk say about my cooking too - but they always come back for more so they must be REALLY keen to lose the weight lol
    • 58 posts
    November 10, 2010 2:02 AM PST
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    My diet is my cooking. If you had to eat it you would loose too.

Why do I have a hard time believing this?  

• 58 posts
    November 10, 2010 2:05 AM PST
    chocmintz wrote...
    I have too much will power to diet - I see it and say I WILL just have it! It's won't power I need so I should be saying I won't have it - hee hee

Glasgow in Scotland do speciality deep fried Mars Bars (a chocolate, soft nougat and caramel bar for those who don't know it) in a beer batter. How about that one for ya Boof and Lucky?

Mike - that's what some folk say about my cooking too - but they always come back for more so they must be REALLY keen to lose the weight lol

Same goes for you! (see reply to Mike)!  And I LOVE Mars bars.  They are a lot like our Milky Way.

BTW, Goodmorning!  

• 1516 posts
    November 10, 2010 2:31 AM PST
    BOOF wrote...
    Well ive been informed by Marni that i have to cut back to 7 meals a day...There is not a meal between breakfast and brunch or brunch and lunch........Since i clocked up the double ton(214 lbs)I've tried everything to loose weight.You know haircuts,Sucking my gut in,only a 6 pack of beer for lunch,nothing works.Looks like I've caught that "big boned" thing..I'm gonna have to try these Twinkies things,but I'm gonna have to import the bloody things coz they dont sell the skinny enhancing bastards down here..........CHEERS BIG FAT BUZZED BOOF

No wonder I have so much fun hanging out with you guys!!  and what in the world has gotten into Marni, what does she mean cut back to 7 meals a day.. that is just to limiting!!

• 1364 posts
    November 10, 2010 4:38 AM PST
    Just remember.............. You are what you eat !!!!!!!
    • 0 posts
    November 10, 2010 6:08 AM PST
    chocmintz wrote...

We have a fish and chip shop that does deep fried mars bars and deep fried bananna and honey sanwiches....I'm gonna be as big as Elvis one day...Just need a cool jump suit....CHEERS BOOF,thankyouvery much ah ha ah

• November 10, 2010 6:51 AM PST
    highrisk wrote...
     Best to leave that one alone.How ya been anyway Jeff?
    • 580 posts
    November 11, 2010 5:01 AM PST
    wolfhound wrote...
    highrisk wrote...
     Best to leave that one alone.

• 580 posts
    November 11, 2010 5:05 AM PST
    RufCut wrote...
    chocmintz wrote...

Same goes for you! (see reply to Mike)!  And I LOVE Mars bars.  They are a lot like our Milky Way.

BTW, Goodmorning!    

Hmmm Milky Way - love them too   With a nice cuppa coffee - all the better for dipping it in

• 834 posts
    November 11, 2010 5:59 AM PST
    Been working on improving my will power. Got it now to where I can resist anything except for temptation!