Young Blokes

• 0 posts
    October 26, 2010 8:45 AM PDT
     Two 4 year old boys are sitting in the waiting room at the hospital. One young bloke asks the other "what are you in for mate?". He replies"Tonsils mate,what about you?". The other young bloke replies" Im getting circumcised". "SHIT sorry mate" says the first little bloke. "Why" he goes on and tells his new little mate. "Well Mate i had that done when i was about a week old and i couldnt walk for about 9 bloody months"
    • 1780 posts
    October 26, 2010 8:48 AM PDT
    OK do people really call each other Mate down under, or is that just in the movies???????
    • 0 posts
    October 26, 2010 9:01 AM PDT
    We call everyone mate..When were having a beer we're all "Maaaaaate". When we're about to punch 7 shades of shit outta some dickhead we're like"come on mate bring it ". Its just so much easier than remembering peoples names. Some of us old school blokes also use terms like"Digger,Sport,Champ,Cobber in the same way. We're a complicated mob down here. Takes most Yanks about a bottle of JACK DANIELS A DAY FOR 9 DAYS IN A ROW TO START TO UNDERSTAND US....CHEERS BOOF
    • 601 posts
    October 26, 2010 10:50 AM PDT
    Dragon....don't go there mo chara (thats Irish for mate), I think the only people who understand the aussies are the irish, mainly because most of them are decendants of Irish rebels who were sent there in the 1800's. Last saturday I went to a football match Ireland V Australia..they beat us by 7 points (boring game actually, Boof) but the real game came after in the pub...then at chuckin' out time we decided to have a re-run of the game, with a milk crate instead of a ball...7-a-side, pissed drunk,it could only happen between Irish/Aussies..with the cops looking on and cheering every play............t'was great until one of the lads decided he could head the "ball", six stitches later, we retired to an early opening pub and had a debate on the merits of "soccer", I think we all agreed that milk crates were better.. Second round to come next Saturday and the Aussies 7 points ahead, we might take ye this time Boof.
    • 5420 posts
    October 26, 2010 4:49 PM PDT
    BOOF wrote...
    Takes most Yanks about a bottle of JACK DANIELS A DAY FOR 9 DAYS IN A ROW TO START TO UNDERSTAND US....CHEERS BOOF

I don't know....I think I was understanding you pretty well after just a couple bottle of Jack in Sturgis.  But I think you were starting to talk pretty American after a week or so over here.
    • 0 posts
    October 26, 2010 6:38 PM PDT
    Sweet sounds like a pisser time was had by all rory. Ionce used a milkcrate in a blue against 3 Maori lads they needed stitches too..The footy wasnt played on TV over here live but i'll find it on pay somewhere...Yeah Lucky after a week or so of drinking with you mob i was starting to 'tawk" like you blokes...Shit after a month I could prolly run for governor of some shitty state and win on my drinking policies....Cheers BOOF
  • g
    October 26, 2010 7:46 PM PDT
    dont have a problem wee u boof ,ive got family from aussie land .also watch home and away ...lol
    • 0 posts
    October 26, 2010 7:49 PM PDT
    LMAO BLOODY HOME AND AWAY.......SHIAT WE ALL LIVE IN SUMMER BAY AND GET ON THE PISS WITH OLD ALF.........CHEERS BOOF
  • g
    October 26, 2010 7:52 PM PDT
    aye....bet u do ,lol
  • g
    October 26, 2010 7:53 PM PDT
    it helps us scots get through the bad winters .
    • 1780 posts
    October 27, 2010 12:37 AM PDT
    I swear you two are killing me....keep it up, my gut hurts from laughing so much!
    • 1516 posts
    October 27, 2010 3:43 AM PDT
    BOOF wrote...
    Sweet sounds like a pisser time was had by all rory. Ionce used a milkcrate in a blue against 3 Maori lads they needed stitches too..The footy wasnt played on TV over here live but i'll find it on pay somewhere...Yeah Lucky after a week or so of drinking with you mob i was starting to 'tawk" like you blokes...Shit after a month I could prolly run for governor of some shitty state and win on my drinking policies....Cheers BOOF

Lets see, Meg Whitman, Jerry Brown or BOOF for governer, Oh hey Boof I know which state you should run in!!!

• 0 posts
    October 27, 2010 7:35 AM PDT
    Well DebraJo if im voted in you can come and be my advisor for chick stuff...
    • 580 posts
    October 27, 2010 8:38 AM PDT
    BOOF wrote...
    Well DebraJo if im voted in you can come and be my advisor for chick stuff...

And I can be your foreign affairs minister - though NOT literally of course