SOBER RIDERS?

• 9 posts
    October 22, 2010 5:15 PM PDT
     I've been an avid rider for over 25 years, and while not all of them were done on the "dry" side,  I have now reached a point in my life when I find it more enjoyable, and one helluva lot safer to ride sober. I am new to this forum, but I would like to know if there are any female riding groups in my area, or ANY other groups, that are not only sober riders, but may also be leaning towards Christ. While neither is a prerequisite for me to ride, I myself have made the choice to do so.
    So, if anyone out there knows of any like-minded riders, I am definitely interested in hearing about them! Thanks for any input, ya'll can give me. 
    Ride Free...Tweek 
    JACKSONVILLE, FL
  • October 23, 2010 12:45 AM PDT
    hey tweek type in riders for christ im prety sure they have chapters every where
    • 86 posts
    October 23, 2010 4:12 AM PDT
    Tweek, I'm not a female rider and I'm on the oppisite coast, but I respect your choices. I too believe that there is no other way to ride but sober. Good luck and remember to have fun.There are a lot of good people on this site so I'm sure you will hear from someone.
    • 1780 posts
    October 23, 2010 4:24 AM PDT
    Hey Tweek welcome to the CF Family, and always stand firm on your choices, you have chosen a couple of good ones.
    The Night Dragon
    • 467 posts
    October 23, 2010 9:21 AM PDT
    Welcome to the fam--although I am halfway across the country from you--I am of the same ilk. Although I do know a group in your area that knows how to have a good time in the same fashion. And even though they are called the Black Global Bikers of America--they celebrate all colors, creeds, religions, etc. They are wonderful people and they do have a website by the same name.
    • 58 posts
    October 23, 2010 10:36 AM PDT
    Hi Tweek, welcome from Texas! CMA (Christian Motorcyle Assoc) would prob have a group in your area. Like you, 1 brew and I'm through. Ride safe, ride long, ride hard!
  • October 23, 2010 11:24 AM PDT
    Hi Tweek,I have always rode sober but will always enjoy an ice cold beer on occasion.Have fun and ride safe!
  • October 23, 2010 12:10 PM PDT
    hey tweek! look up alternative MC, they have chapters down in florida
    • 6 posts
    October 27, 2010 9:31 AM PDT
    Greetings Tweek! Dry rider here, too! haven't had a drink in over 3 years, and never gotten drunk. Also hold patches for a Christian M/C called the Alpha Omegas M/C, based in Youngstown Ohio. I don't regret either of those choices one bit, never missed out on any fun without the alcohol, but I sure have missed a few fights, DUIs, and wrecked cars/bikes. Can't imagine my life outside Christ, personally. Welcome to the family!
  • October 27, 2010 1:52 PM PDT
    Hey Tweek!

Friend of Bill W's for 27 years.

It's great not having to remember what lies I told or to whom and not having to apologize for things I don't remember doing.

Regards.
    • 1 posts
    October 28, 2010 1:00 AM PDT
    Too bad you're in FL....it's a long ways from NY.
    • 9 posts
    October 28, 2010 8:29 AM PDT
    Cathy wrote...
    Too bad you're in FL....it's a long ways from NY.

Hey Girl,
    Highways were meant for ridin' and in the summer of '12, I'll be making an East Coast run. Bottom to Top. If you'd be interested in joining the ride, hit me up and I'll give you the tentative itinerary. (Subject to change on the whim of many female riders, at any time...heh heh heh!

• October 28, 2010 12:19 PM PDT
    ... Hi Tweek !
    ... I'm Hawk6351's dad / founder & pres of the Alpha-Omegas M/C...
    ... One of our best friends & ministry associates lives in your area and I know he's actively riding with good Christian bros & sis in the area --- (Christian comedian / evangelist) Mike & Susan Warnke / Celebrations of Hope Ministries / PonteVerdra Beach, FLA / wareagle@mikewarnke.org
  • October 28, 2010 1:55 PM PDT
    Good choices Tweek. I can't fathom riding in any condition but sober....we have enough to worry about without adding that on! And yes, I have been known to down a few or more cold ones, but when I do, momma gets the keys and I become the designated NON-rider! LOL!
    • 9 posts
    October 30, 2010 2:10 PM PDT
    RevZeke wrote...
    ... Hi Tweek !
    ... I'm Hawk6351's dad / founder & pres of the Alpha-Omegas M/C...
    ... One of our best friends & ministry associates lives in your area and I know he's actively riding with good Christian bros & sis in the area --- (Christian comedian / evangelist) Mike & Susan Warnke / Celebrations of Hope Ministries / PonteVerdra Beach, FLA / wareagle@mikewarnke.org

Too Awesome!!! I work in P.V., I know the church of which you speak! I'll definitely look them up!  Thanks so much, and RIDE FREE

• 86 posts
    November 1, 2010 1:26 PM PDT
    See Tweek I told you there were a lot of good people on this site. Ride safe.
  • November 2, 2010 3:50 AM PDT
    Hi Tweek. Couple of great choices there. I have always had Christ in my life. As for sober riding, I wouldn't do it any other way. Although I am a drinker, and do indulge when the time and place are right, I would never consider operating any vehicle after drinking!

Hope you find family at the Church Rev Zeke recommended.
  • November 2, 2010 6:07 AM PDT
    Tweek wrote...
     I've been an avid rider for over 25 years, and while not all of them were done on the "dry" side,  I have now reached a point in my life when I find it more enjoyable, and one helluva lot safer to ride sober. I am new to this forum, but I would like to know if there are any female riding groups in my area, or ANY other groups, that are not only sober riders, but may also be leaning towards Christ. While neither is a prerequisite for me to ride, I myself have made the choice to do so.
    So, if anyone out there knows of any like-minded riders, I am definitely interested in hearing about them! Thanks for any input, ya'll can give me. 
    Ride Free...Tweek 
    JACKSONVILLE, FL

Peg ?
    Thanks for posting this...Last summer I posted a ride bragging how much I drank while riding that nite ( Whiskey ) n the fun I had ? Well ? I got a ton of responses from our cf family n not a one of them thought it was cool AND not one of them critisized me HOWEVER almost every one ask me to stop and and think about a heckofalot...Well ? I did stop n I havent had nary a drop when I ride OR drive ever since.

So, thanks for letting me use your format to thank everyone....... Thaaaaannk YOU ALL ! 
    • 580 posts
    November 2, 2010 6:14 AM PDT
    RandyJoe wrote...
    Tweek wrote...

Peg ?
    Thanks for posting this...Last summer I posted a ride bragging how much I drank while riding that nite ( Whiskey ) n the fun I had ? Well ? I got a ton of responses from our cf family n not a one of them thought it was cool AND not one of them critisized me HOWEVER almost every one ask me to stop and and think about a heckofalot...Well ? I did stop n I havent had nary a drop when I ride OR drive ever since.

So, thanks for letting me use your format to thank everyone....... Thaaaaannk YOU ALL ! 

And all the credit to you Randy for taking it on board and riding sober.  Huge hugs (o:
    • 9 posts
    November 8, 2010 7:01 AM PST
    I just want to thank everyone who has responded to "Sober Riders?" I've gotten such awesome feedback, and information that is invaluable. I should have expected nothing less. Bikers have always, always been there, when I've needed them. That's why I'm proud to call myself one. Kudos Ya'll!!!
  • November 8, 2010 10:06 AM PST
    RandyJoe wrote...

Peg ?

RandyJoe,  I remember the post well, and it really concerned me.  I am glad to here that you did do some thinking and are making decisions to keep yourself  around a while longer.  We (riders) already have a hard enough time with others trying to kill us on the road, we sure don't need to try to kill ourselves!

• 10 posts
    November 8, 2010 10:49 AM PST
    Hey Tweek,
    Clean and Sober in Sarasota. We hit quite a few events. Maybe we'll run into each other along the way.
    • 1066 posts
    November 8, 2010 3:03 PM PST
    Tweek, I used to be the bar-hopper type rider. Now I'm a lot older, and I hope a little wiser, so I have a personal rule. Two wheels, two beers, and not back to back on the beers either, that's the limit for the day of riding. Congrats on your wise choices.
    • 9 posts
    November 9, 2010 3:23 AM PST
    Dan1964 wrote...
    RandyJoe wrote...

Peg ?

RandyJoe,  I remember the post well, and it really concerned me.  I am glad to here that you did do some thinking and are making decisions to keep yourself  around a while longer.  We (riders) already have a hard enough time with others trying to kill us on the road, we sure don't need to try to kill ourselves!

RJ, while I'd like to take the credit for giving some "well intentioned" advice, this last, wasn't from me. I am always "concerned", the difference is, that I would send you a personal message. Please hear me, all of you! I don't kiss and tell, I don't dwell, and I DON'T admonish. If you even for a moment think that I'm not the one doin' the talkin", please let me know, tweek64hd@myspace.com OR peg.moore64@gmail.com OR peg,moore50@Yahoo.com! There are very specific reasons why I'm sayin' this now....
    Ride Free
    Tweek