biker down on way to work!

• October 12, 2010 11:44 PM PDT
    My riding buddy Michael was in a bad accident yesterday on his roadking,while on his way to work. He was knocked to the ground when a car pulled into his lane quickly during rush hour traffic. He suffered two skull fractures, a broken collarbone and some internal bruising, he also got some staples to the top of his bald dome. He will be fine but is extremely sore and his beautiful black 08 roadking is a real mess. Thoughts and prayers for my brother is greatly appreciated.  Thanks to all Wheels
    • 19040 posts
    October 12, 2010 11:49 PM PDT
    Tell Mike we all are thinking of him and hoping for a speedy recovery Wheels.
    • 1364 posts
    October 13, 2010 12:45 AM PDT
    Thoughts and prayers to you friend
    • 580 posts
    October 13, 2010 5:27 AM PDT
    Send him big hugs from me and wishes for a speedy recovery.
    • 58 posts
    October 13, 2010 6:05 AM PDT
    Offering prayers for recovery.
    • 846 posts
    October 13, 2010 6:13 AM PDT
    My thhoughts are with him for a speedy recovery.
    • 1066 posts
    October 13, 2010 6:22 AM PDT
    Thoughts and Prayers Wheels. You know, I hate that phrase, RUSH HOUR. And the reason I hate it is because it always seems to be Rush Hour to anyone in a cage. Everybody's in a Big Ass Hurry, no matter where they are going. It should be Mandatory for everybody to ride a bike for a year, before piling their asses in a Cage to Batter and Maim us Bikers. Sorry Wheels, I'll put my soapbox away now. I hope your buddy Mike gets well soon.
    • 0 posts
    October 13, 2010 7:28 AM PDT
    Well goodluck to your mate....Know how he feels.
    • 601 posts
    October 13, 2010 10:19 AM PDT
    its always a thin line we ride Wheels...best wishes for your pal
  • October 13, 2010 11:52 AM PDT
    Prayers for a fast recovery to your friend. My thoughts go out to him and you.
    • 126 posts
    October 13, 2010 11:34 PM PDT
    I hope he has a fast recovery and is able to get back on 2 wheels soon.
    • 2072 posts
    October 14, 2010 2:02 AM PDT
    Thought and prayers. Got to agree with Hollywood. Can get scary as hell out there sometimes. Hope you friend makes a quick recovery.
  • October 14, 2010 2:28 AM PDT
    I talked to my buddy last night when he got home from the hospital, as it turned out he was run over by a state employee in one of their cars so his medical bills will be no problems. He wanted to tell everyone thanks for their thoughts and prayers. He also told me the reason for his two skull fractures and the gash on the top of his head were a direct result of him not wearing an approved DOT helmet. The CHP officer made mention of this several times in his report. Everyone who rides with one of these novelty helmets needs to really stop and think about the ramifications of doing this. ITS JUST NOT WORTH IT. Try one of the new Carbon fibre DOT approved helmets, There light and comfortable and come in many different styles. Me and the Mrs. ditched our novelty helmets a few years back for the carbon fibre type and after a few weeks we didnt miss them at all.
  • g
    October 14, 2010 6:19 AM PDT
    all the best from scotland .
    • 9 posts
    October 14, 2010 6:49 AM PDT
    Glad Mike is doing better, sure he will have his bike fixed by the stste. Good advise on the helmet thing too.
    • 580 posts
    October 14, 2010 7:55 AM PDT
    We're only allowed to use quality, kite marked helmets over here - anything less is illegal. Your friend shows the reason why this is actually a good ruling. Glad he's ok though and big hugs (o:
    • 223 posts
    October 14, 2010 11:46 AM PDT
    Good thoughts and positive energy heading his way!!!
  • October 14, 2010 2:07 PM PDT
    Hope Mike heals up fast!
    • 844 posts
    October 15, 2010 6:08 AM PDT
    Hey Wheels, sorry to hear about your buddy Michael. Glad to here he is home from the hospital...I take that as a sign there are no life threatening injuries. May he have a speedy recovery!
    • 1516 posts
    October 15, 2010 6:13 AM PDT
    Glad he is better - Great point about the helmet!!
  • October 16, 2010 9:39 AM PDT
    Hollywood wrote...
    Thoughts and Prayers Wheels. You know, I hate that phrase, RUSH HOUR. And the reason I hate it is because it always seems to be Rush Hour to anyone in a cage. Everybody's in a Big Ass Hurry, no matter where they are going. It should be Mandatory for everybody to ride a bike for a year, before piling their asses in a Cage to Batter and Maim us Bikers. Sorry Wheels, I'll put my soapbox away now. I hope your buddy Mike gets well soon.

Took the words right off my keyboard, so hope you don't mind sharing that soapbox... I agree, should be mandatory to ride before getting a driver's license.

Wheels, glad to hear your buddy is doing better.