Motorcycle clubs ?

• October 7, 2010 10:46 AM PDT
    Im just curious, why do you belong to a motorcycle riding club?
    • 277 posts
    October 7, 2010 3:06 PM PDT
    I'm thinking of joining B.A.C.A. Bikers Against Child Abuse.
    • 467 posts
    October 7, 2010 7:45 PM PDT
    I belong to NEW ABATE and BACA, because I was practically born into the local ABATE Chapter and those people have been my family all my life. But I also agree with their politics and their purpose and I like when they raise money for charity--it goes to the charity--not to pay for the party they had to raise the money in the first place. I also take part in, but am not a member of, CMA and Brothers Under the Blood; as they do some truly beautiful things in this world and are just some truly wonderful people to spend time with. We ride together, we help others together, we keep an eye on politics together and just plain socialize.
    • 58 posts
    October 8, 2010 3:29 AM PDT
    Thought about a club or two until I got to looking at by-laws and such. Bigotry and discrimination are not my cup of tea.
    • 1509 posts
    October 8, 2010 4:01 AM PDT
    I ride as part of the American Legion Riders which is not an "mc" there is a difference. the group of Motorcycle Inthusasits ride to help and remember those who so quickly get forgotten.

check it out http://www.americanlegionriders.net/
    • 2072 posts
    October 8, 2010 4:34 AM PDT
    The only group I regularly ride with is the Patriot Guard Riders (which of course, is not a club). I am a supporter of ABATE & BACA. I have belonged to clubs in the past but found they get to political (with in their own ranks).
    • 580 posts
    October 8, 2010 8:18 AM PDT
    Not a member of a club - ride on my own mostly. There is a group of riders in Yorkshire who come together through an internet forum do things for charity and occasionally meet for ride outs - but joining them sometimes is about as much club as I get.
    • 1780 posts
    October 10, 2010 4:31 PM PDT
    Angel Eyes and I ride with the Lone Wolf club.....that's her and I. I tell ya I've ridden with all kinds of guys, and she is the best rider I know. We ride side by side like cops, she makes all the right move decisions, and I make all the left move decisions. Sometimes when we see a slow cage in the middle lane of a 3 lane hwy, we just look at each other and one goes to the left (me) and one goes to the right (Angel Eyes) and we blow by and scare the shit out of them, and meet back up in the middle lane in front of them. You have to trust your ridding partner to pull off stunts like that. Besides Angel Get's a bunch of thunbs up from Female cage drivers. I admit our ridding style keeps us on our toes, but shouldn't keep on your toes anyway!
    Night Dragon
    • 19046 posts
    October 10, 2010 11:43 PM PDT
    nightdragon wrote...
    Angel Eyes and I ride with the Lone Wolf club.....that's her and I. I tell ya I've ridden with all kinds of guys, and she is the best rider I know. We ride side by side like cops, she makes all the right move decisions, and I make all the left move decisions.
    Night Dragon

You are a lucky man there ND. (well maybe you earned it...)

• 23 posts
    October 11, 2010 2:26 PM PDT
    I ride with the B.A.S.T.A.R.D.S. Riding Club. We are not an MC and do not follow many of the MC's bylaws. However, we do live and ride amongst many MC's and join many on their rides. I love my riders and have become as family with all of them. Many of our riders are x-officers and x-motorpatrol, so we've been taught from the very best. We hold monthly (durring riding season) trainings to keep our skills up and ride in a group safely as many of us ride suicide.

I used to ride alone and wouldn't go back. We definitely have some politics, but remain balaced due to the reason we came together. We LOVE to ride, and we take care of eachother. Being the only woman rider in the club, these are my boys, and I love riding beside them.

I love wearing my cuts, I earned them through a lot of time and effort. As a club, most of our members belong to ABATE as well. We don't get out and ride with them too often, but our President and late V.President are very involved. Most other MC's here in the SLC area have at least one member as part of ABATE. They do so much for us here.

I could go on and on, But I'll end with saying that these people are my family, and I LOVE riding with them, and sharing the name.
    • 19046 posts
    October 12, 2010 1:06 AM PDT
    I was a member of one riding club for several years. That was a good overall experience but there was too much infighting and way too much demanding of my time for grounds maintenance and event committees. My blood family comes first. I resigned with respect to the club. I still have many friends there. I was also asked to become a member of two different 'Patch Wearing Clubs' in my area. This Old Dog don't prospect!
    • 1066 posts
    October 12, 2010 7:39 AM PDT
    I ride by myself, or with friends. Too much BS involved with the clubs. The ride in Bowling Green with my new CF friends was probably one of the best runs I've ever been on. When you throw a bunch of people together that have never ridden together before, and it's like you have been riding together for years, that is my kind of riding folks. No stupid stuff going on, just a smooth ride.
    • 58 posts
    October 12, 2010 9:11 AM PDT
    Hollywood wrote...
    I ride by myself, or with friends. Too much BS involved with the clubs. The ride in Bowling Green with my new CF friends was probably one of the best runs I've ever been on. When you throw a bunch of people together that have never ridden together before, and it's like you have been riding together for years, that is my kind of riding folks. No stupid stuff going on, just a smooth ride.

• 1780 posts
    October 12, 2010 10:54 AM PDT
    Hollywood wrote...

I have to agree with my Brother Hollywood, it was amazing the way we all rode in Ky. It was like we had been riding together for years. We were like a well oiled machined. Missed ya Hollywood my Brother....stay safe
    Night Dragon

• 513 posts
    October 12, 2010 8:37 PM PDT
    I ride with my club which are a solid bunch, I also have a few friends outside the club who I have shared the road with and between these running together is good fun.
    I find new people take a bit of getting used to, as mentioned trust is the key as well as instinctively knowing where the others around you are.
    As for the club life, well we are only new, some have come from other clubs, some were solo but we are starting to become one and we do have a lot of fun together because it is all about the bikes.
  • October 15, 2010 2:21 AM PDT
    • 844 posts
    October 15, 2010 6:03 AM PDT
    I ride with pretty much the same group of guys, but we're not a club or organized group. Many of us met years ago in the local HOG chapter, but since then very few of us are still active in the chapter. There are about 15 of us, someone will send out an email to do a a weekend ride and those that can make it show up.