Upgraded exhaust for a Victory - questions!!

• September 28, 2010 2:43 PM PDT
    Hey there everyone - I have an 07 Vic Kingpin, and I want to upgrade to the slash style exhaust. From Victory they are about $900 installed - any thoughts on whether it is adviseable to purchase the exhaust elsewhere and have them installed? I will need the downloads done, EFI calibrated, etc. Never done it and just want to get some feedback. Thanks! 

J
  • September 28, 2010 3:08 PM PDT
    First id like to say this ive never worked on a victory motorcycle, but have been wrenching on my Harleys for twenty plus years. Changing the slip-on portion of a motorcycles exhaust is pretty simple and should take less than one hr, down loading the codes is another matter. Are you going to be upgrading your air intake system also. Ive never done one without upgrading the other. The exhaust, the aircleaner, and the recalibration of your fuel/air chip kind of go hand in hand. ps make sure your components that you want will work well together otherwise you can actually lose power or worse.
  • September 28, 2010 3:08 PM PDT
    First id like to say this ive never worked on a victory motorcycle, but have been wrenching on my Harleys for twenty plus years. Changing the slip-on prtion of a motorcycles exhaust
  • September 29, 2010 3:51 AM PDT
    Like wheels said, the exhaust is something that is pretty easy to do yourself. Whether you do just mufflers or the entire system, should be something you can do in your garage. Then I would recommend finding someone who is really good at tuning and have them do that.
    • 846 posts
    September 29, 2010 7:13 AM PDT
    I don't know about the Victory's but the Harley's can readjust for just a slipon exhaust. This could save you some time and cash. If you do change the maps I can only echo Pete*17 and find someone that really good at tuning and you may want to look to see if they do it on a dyno also.
  • October 3, 2010 7:10 AM PDT
    Thanks for all the input guys - I am going to upgrade the air intake system and this is a full set of pipes, not just a slip on, so I will take a look at it and see if I can do the grunt work, then have someone tune it. Appreciate the feedback!