TN Motorcycle Licence Practice Questions

• September 25, 2010 2:16 AM PDT
    If anyone has Practice Motorcycle Licence test questions they would like to forward over to me, it would be very much appreciated. I have a family member whom is interested in getting a Motorcycle and I have been looking for some "free" practice questions aside from the minimal found on the internet. We live in TN. If any one has some stashed away and would like to share for the benefit of an interested possible future rider, her Husband would appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
    • 58 posts
    September 25, 2010 5:49 AM PDT
    I'm not in TN, so don't have test questions, but.... You might try the local Motorcycle Safety Foundation Basic Riders Course. The course would be tailored to the state in which it's taught with that state's specific info, as well as the riding instruction. Here, in Texas, a new rider has to attend an MSF course (or Rider's Edge?) in order to get the "M" endorsement. No longer any other way to get it.
  • September 25, 2010 6:00 AM PDT
    I second the suggestion to take the MSF Basic Riders Course. It took a whole weekend up between classroom and course, but I actually had fun with it, between the other folks in the course and the instructor. Not the worst way to spend a weekend.

Regarding test questions - I'm in Wisconsin and maybe Tennessee is different, but up here the test questions are honestly pretty easy if you take the time to read the DOT manual. At least here, they don't ask a bunch of obscure questions, they want you to know the practical stuff, things like traffic laws, proper lane position, safe operation techniques, etc., things you probably need to know anyway. If she spends a few hours getting familiar with and understanding the state motorcycle manual, I'd imagine she'd have no problems.
    • 5420 posts
    September 25, 2010 6:55 AM PDT
    Here's a link to a site the sells the practice tests.  But they do have a free version with 7 questions. 

http://www.dmv.org/tn-tennessee/motorcycle-license.php style="color: rgb(0, 0, 128);">

But like those above said, I too recommend the Safety Course for any first time rider.
  • September 26, 2010 3:41 AM PDT
    You should be able to go to your local DMV and get the motorcyle manual, it will have all the info you need. And I also recomend the motorcycle safety course. By taking the novice course you ride their bike and that way you can figure out if it's really something you want to do without having to buy a bike.
  • September 26, 2010 9:06 AM PDT
    Thanks for the suggestions - My Wife Rides with me all the time and would benefit from the course but she chokes on tests - I'll have her look at the link and use the Practice Tests! Thanks all!
  • September 26, 2010 10:40 AM PDT
    My wife n I took the free motorcycle test that has 7 questions, we scored 4 right n 3 wrong...
    Hmmmm...I still aint goon quit riding hahaha....