Damn shame when you loose business for being too honest!

• October 7, 2010 3:08 AM PDT
    Some people are just flat out dishonest and if they think they can get one over on you they will. I had a guy bring his Jeep into the shop for warranty work because his clutch wouldn't work. Outside of Jeep was spotless but the underside was packed with mud and he swore he wasn't off roading. The problem was the clutch was rusted to the flywheel because it had been swamped. I called him and asked him to come into the shop so I could show him why I wasn't warrantying his clutch. Even after viewing the clutch still rusted onto the flywheel he was reluctant to pay for the job but he did.
  • October 7, 2010 4:14 AM PDT
    Your reputation is the ONLY thing you really have. Before getting back to bikes full time, I was a certified painting contractor........I sold the business because I treated everyone with respect, gave them advances, bought them lunches on many occasions.....but it turns out you have to be a pain in the ass schmuck so they don't perceive you as being weak. My dad always told me the most difficult part of any business is .......... work force. Let's face the reality around us and even commercials basing their commercials to the boredom most people have for work.