Motorcycle Seat comfort

• 1066 posts
    April 13, 2010 4:11 PM PDT
    I had a Mustang on my Suzuki, it was great, could ride all day, and not feel like i had a beating. Too bad it did'nt fit the LowRider. Guess i will buy another Mustang for it. My wife liked the Mustang seat too. Before we got it, she wanted to get off the bike by the second mile.
  • April 15, 2010 1:58 AM PDT
    Thanks for the tips. I like the fact they are inexpensive and a temporary fix, since it is Rex's bike and he is not wanting to replace his seat for me to ride with him on this trip. Other trips I'll be riding my own and won't need him to make modifications for me.
  • April 18, 2010 9:30 AM PDT
    I so want a dark brown leather solo seat for my 2006 FXDL. Harley came out with one.... $$$$ Has anyone got this seat? I have been through JP catalogs.... So expensive between the Corbins and Mustangs... If I get the $$$, just don't want to throw it away on a poor choice. Really want dark brown, but black it may have to be. Stock seat on Dyna is very comfy.
  • April 18, 2010 10:48 AM PDT
    ingababy. Like your comment re Dyna stock seat,I do 300 mile trips plus most weekends and found the Dyna stock seat great.All I had to do was let it shape to me BUTT and now dont feel anything after a ride. Could be my brain is numb....
  • April 18, 2010 11:07 AM PDT
    My 1500 Vulcan Classic D has Mustang seating arrangement and is by far the most comfy i have ever had on this or any previous Bikes. Can Cruise for quite some time without "Having To" stop and stretch. Short legs, also means it had to sit Right, it does. The complete Mustang set (drivers/passengers/both backrests) are a little "Pricy," but well worth it in getting a maximum Nice Ride! One of my fellow Biker Buds sent his Roadstar seat off to a fellow and had it stuffed with Memory Foam. Roadstars are awesome/dependable/fast Bikes with horrible stock seats, I know I have had 2 of them. The Memory Foam helps, but no Mustang. have a Blessed 2010, and keep the wheels rollin upright!

Bro Bill "MOE" Moore
  • April 18, 2010 11:44 AM PDT
    Sundowner on the Dyna ~ stock seat is way too narrow on the passenger pillion... both the girls said it made their butts numb. I'd actually like to have the front narrowed a bit for me so I don't feel like my hips are poppin' after a long ride... does this mean I need an Ultra Classic??? Ha ha ha! ;-)
  • April 18, 2010 12:01 PM PDT

i use the sundowner on my 07 electra-glide and i love it..600 mile rides no problem..and i found it cheap on ebay..
  • April 19, 2010 1:47 PM PDT
     Russell Day long with a Utopia backrest.  Did 4400 miles in three trips in a little over two weeks.  No monkey butt no issues at all in fact,
  • April 19, 2010 1:58 PM PDT
    Got a HArley Badlander seat with my FLHTPI so I took it apart , carved out the middle and added saddle gel, put it back together and it is a great, comfortable seat.
  • June 7, 2010 2:52 PM PDT
    I had Mustang Wide Vintage seats on my Sporty and was quite pleased with them.

I planned to get a Mustang for my FLHX but the dealer threw in a Sundowner with the deal.

Seems comfy enough on the short runs.

We'll see how it does on the way to Piercy on Friday.
  • March 21, 2011 8:32 AM PDT
    RichBest wrote...
     Russell Day long with a Utopia backrest.  Did 4400 miles in three trips in a little over two weeks.  No monkey butt no issues at all in fact,

After having Russell Day Long's on two different BMW K bikes, I automatically ordered one for my current ride -- A Honda Silverwing / Danson Trike.

The Day Long backrest is worth the money, IMHO.

Jon

• 5 posts
    July 10, 2011 9:29 AM PDT
    I have the stock single seat that came with my Mastiff, and a stock 2 up seat I picked up for passanger comfort, and last winter I had Sterling from http://sterlingsca.com/ make me a custom seat. Re shaped an all new seat, with gel and had my forum name put on the seat, with a wise wizard figure and flames on the upper and lower portions ingrained with aligator skin. Now, I use the Sterling 2 up seat even on short rides by myself and even just commuting to work. The stock seat was good for 700 mile day trips, and the new seat is even more comfortable.