San Francisco

• 0 posts
    September 10, 2010 9:19 AM PDT
    Just watching the news here and saw the big gas explosion and fire.. I hope all our mates over there are cool..
    • 5420 posts
    September 10, 2010 9:26 AM PDT
    Yeah, saw that on the news late last night. I was kind of half asleep but from what I did hear it was a gas line explosion that destroyed over 20 homes.
    • 2072 posts
    September 10, 2010 10:17 AM PDT
    Saw that on the news...... UNREAL !!!!
  • September 10, 2010 12:52 PM PDT
    looks like 37 homes and 4 confirmed dead.The search continues.Crazy.Good reason to enjoy every day you never know when your ticket is gonna get punched.
  • September 10, 2010 4:16 PM PDT
    I'm a disaster worker and was mobilized for this one, working with the Red Cross setting up shelter and social services for the displaced families.

Amazing there wasn't greater loss of life.

• 1516 posts
    September 10, 2010 4:44 PM PDT
    That is all just unreal. I hear there is a hell of a crater where it blew.. yikes.. it's all over the news here.. good work Rexbo..
  • September 10, 2010 4:55 PM PDT
    They've stood down the shelter. PGE is putting everyone up in hotels. There's a virtual army of support serv ice workers deployed to the area.

The survivors I talked to seemed to be holding up well for people who had just lost everything they owned.
    • 19049 posts
    September 11, 2010 1:35 AM PDT
    Atta boy Rex, a great and satisfying job. We need more, no wait we do need more like you but we don't want to have the need for more like you.
    • 2072 posts
    September 11, 2010 2:11 AM PDT
    Great work that you do Rex.... People like you make this a better world !!!!!!
    • 1516 posts
    September 11, 2010 6:00 AM PDT
    So Boof what do you think about hearing news from across the world, posting a forum, and what do you know, you know someone who is actually working at the site.. such a small Cyclefish world!!!
    • 0 posts
    September 11, 2010 8:08 AM PDT
    We woke yesterday morning to the news here DebraJo.. You gotta remember were 15 hours infront hun. So if anyone wants to know lotto numbers i'll go you halves in the winnings. Seriously Good work rex my old mate hope everyones cool and you can all get over this disaster quickly..