Prayer request - Update

• 2072 posts
    September 4, 2010 5:20 PM PDT

Got a call from my oldest Daughter this evening. Her Mother (My first wife and one of my best friends) is nearing the end with her battle over cancer. She is in the hospital and an amazing medical team is doing everything they can for her. As someone that is in the medical field, I know the outlook is grim at this point. Please pray for not only Kim (my former wife) but for my Daughter as well. Her and her Mom are VERY close and this battle is really been hard for her. The one thing that has given me peace is knowing she has a relationship with God and that he already has a place ready for her. Still hard to see someone you love suffer............

Just a quick update on my former Wife. Went and saw her the first of the week and she looked rough...... Very tired and a lot of swelling in her stomach. However, because of all the prayers said on her behalf... Her blood count numbers have been improving daily, the swelling was from fluid build up not her tumor growing as suspected (trying to control with Lasiks). She is getting stronger by the day and her Doctor said at this rate, she may get to go home sometime after the first of the week. Thank you one and all for you prayers and comments of support. I copied and printed each and everyone for her and she was really touched (as was I). AWESOME to see the power of prayer !!!!!         

• 910 posts
    September 5, 2010 12:22 AM PDT
    You and your family are in my thoughts.
    • 19049 posts
    September 5, 2010 12:26 AM PDT
    Sorry for the trials being heaped upon your daughter and her mom. In my thoughts for sure.And positive energy to her care givers.
    • 6 posts
    September 5, 2010 12:56 AM PDT
    praying for peace and strength to endure, for everyone involved!
    • 223 posts
    September 5, 2010 11:50 AM PDT
    You got it, good thoughts and positive energy heading their way, and yours.
    • 1509 posts
    September 6, 2010 12:11 AM PDT
    May the Lord God grant peace and comfort in your hearts and accept this servant into His kingdom for an eternity of peace without suffering.
    • 21 posts
    September 6, 2010 12:15 AM PDT
    Sorry to hear this - she's in my prayers
    • 5420 posts
    September 6, 2010 12:09 PM PDT
    Rob, Really sorry to hear about the hardship in your family. Laura and I will keep Kim and your daughter in our thoughts and prayers.
  • September 6, 2010 12:30 PM PDT
    been there in my life, my mom, same thing. prayers goin up for you and them my brother
    • 76 posts
    September 7, 2010 3:08 AM PDT
    Thoughts and prayers are with you and yours Rob
    • 212 posts
    September 7, 2010 1:03 PM PDT
    Lost my Mom to cancer also, hardest thing a daughter can go through,my prayers are with her and Kim and to you as well. God Bless you all.