Another Request

• 223 posts
    August 31, 2010 4:33 PM PDT
    We live in a small town and everyone's pretty close knit whether they like each other or not.

Tonight, one of our kids' friend's mother passed away.  She was only 41 years old and the boy is only 16.  It's a pretty rough family but the kids are good kids.  The boy has no one now, his father lives out of state and is wanted in the state of Kansas where we live.  He's with us tonight, but he has no idea where to go from here.  He'll stay with us as long as he needs and he knows our door is always open.  His best friend is here as well and a cousin already lives with us.

Prayers, good thoughts, and positive energy are so needed for this kid and his family. 

God when it rains it pours...

• August 31, 2010 5:25 PM PDT
    sorry to hear about your friend passing away so young, i hope she was at piece when she passed. Let her son know that our thoughts and prayers are with him and to stay strong.and keep his head up, life is a long enough battle as a man and its a shame he had to join in the game so young.
    • 223 posts
    August 31, 2010 5:46 PM PDT
    Thank you Wheels, he's an amazing young man but you're so right, he shouldn't have to deal with this at such a young age. But, the reality is, he is being forced to deal with it and while he's a very strong young man, he also needs a lot of love, support, and positiveness in his life right now.
    • 19049 posts
    September 1, 2010 12:38 AM PDT
    WOW that is really sad. To be alone at sixteen, wait he isn't alone. He has friends and extended family like you to help him through his ordeal. Only positive energy from me to him and you.
    • 86 posts
    September 1, 2010 6:47 PM PDT
    Its great that he has you to help. You've earned your spot in heaven.
    • 467 posts
    September 2, 2010 12:52 AM PDT
    It is good that he has you guys to lean on. I know, I've been there and done that! Over the course of my son's years at home, I took in 3 of his friends who ended up alone through no fault of their own and I will never regret it! In fact, those 3 boys have given me my first "grandchildren", and still are part of our lives. In fact we are having a big camping trip this weekend my "family" this weekend and they will be traveling even from other states to be with us.
    Our thoughts and prayers will be with him and your family as you all make this new transition and that he realizes that while he may have suffered a great loss--he has also gained so much with you and your family!
    • 212 posts
    September 7, 2010 1:25 PM PDT
    Bless his heart, my prayers go ot to him. I'm glad he has you to lean help him through this.
    • 1516 posts
    September 7, 2010 1:30 PM PDT
    what a sad situation.. he is so lucky to have you in his life.. you are a good person to help!
    • 223 posts
    September 7, 2010 3:25 PM PDT
    Thank you all, the visitation is tomorrow and the memorial is Thursday evening. He's holding up, but not well at all. I'm worried about him and he knows he has a place for us, but at the same time, the family is just plain nuts and driving him crazy. Hopefully things will settle down, but they're even fighting over what to do with his mom's ashes. Poor kid is in the middle of the whole thing, but being totally left out in the cold.