State Helmet Laws

• 18 posts
    March 3, 2009 3:29 AM PST

I rember on your old site you had a great page that listed all the state motorcycle & helmet laws.  Will you be putting that on the new site?

• 5417 posts
    March 4, 2009 2:10 AM PST

QB,

Yes we will be moving that info over.  I had been out there a while so we are going through making sure all the content is up to date.

You can still see the old page at www.cyclefish.com/old/statelaws.php.

• 5417 posts
    June 22, 2009 11:44 AM PDT
    Ok, it took a while but I just finished the new page covering the State Motorcycle Laws for all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Sorry for the delay, but trust me it takes a while to check and verify the laws in every state.
    • 19007 posts
    June 22, 2009 2:05 PM PDT
    Thanks Lucky, I will use your list for the rest of my trip.
  • June 22, 2009 3:51 PM PDT
    Nice job on all the extra info as well Lucky, I'd say that did take some time.

Thanks
  • June 29, 2009 5:44 AM PDT
    Yes, very helpful
    • 1066 posts
    April 14, 2010 1:50 PM PDT
    I'll be checking that list out Lucky, thanks.
  • September 21, 2012 8:58 AM PDT
    Great job Lucky.
    thanks for all the work you did on that page and links.
  • May 24, 2013 5:51 AM PDT
    Anybody in NC?......are yall about to repeal the helmet law?
    • 5417 posts
    May 24, 2013 7:49 AM PDT
    It doesn't look good for the NC Helmet Law Repeal again...

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/05/15/2895377/effort-to-repeal-ncs-motorcycle.html />
    • 567 posts
    May 25, 2013 2:20 AM PDT
    Great job Lucky on updating the helmet laws. Very useful info for the site's members.

I like this line for Florida:
    Operating motorcycles on roadways laned for traffic.-- (1) All motorcycles are entitled to full use of a lane and no motor vehicle shall be driven in such manner as to deprive any motorcycle of the full use of a lane.

I love it when a cager passes me but is too lazy or too self-absorbed to pull completely into a passing lane. But instead uses part of my lane so he/she doesn't have to go completely out of their way to get around me.

• May 25, 2013 3:00 PM PDT
    That's why I always ride in the left cager tire foot print.. but still had morons pull up beside me to turn right.. I don't feel safe.in the right foot print due to cagers not seeing you that are going straight across from the left.. that's why I keep my distance in right side or left side of lane.. It is not good to hide from cagers that can't see you anyway... Yes I like the Florida law as well .. I had a cager pull right out in front of me today.. that's why I was looking at him.. he did not turn his head and look at me at all so I knew to avoid this moron....
  • July 15, 2015 7:20 AM PDT
    Good link,,,especially when cutting through numerous states!quick and easy to use!thx
  • July 22, 2015 8:14 AM PDT
    I don't think NC will ever repeal the helmet laws, at least not as long as they allow scooters (I mean actual scooters, mopeds) on the road. While they finally DID make them register these drunk cycles and next year will make them have insurance, there MAY be a reduction of use on NC roads and that MAY be a reason for reconsideration of helmet laws. But you have to remember the 'mentality' of Barney (as in Fife) and that will explain a good bit of their reasoning. Just sayin'