Jocky shift with a rocker clutch for the Dragon

• 1780 posts
    July 29, 2010 1:12 PM PDT
    I'm seriously considering installing a jocky shift with a "Rocker Clutch" on the Dragon. Has anybody out there had any experience  with this set up. Looking for some imput on this subject.
    Bullmoose got any info on this set up
    Night Dragon
    • 1509 posts
    July 29, 2010 8:33 PM PDT
    WHY?
  • July 29, 2010 9:40 PM PDT
    sorry not to much info here, its something i dont think i can do very easly to my bobber because its a right side shift so never looked into it
    • 1780 posts
    July 30, 2010 1:11 AM PDT
    shedsruty59 wrote...
    WHY?

Well I always intented to have an old school look to the bike (to some extent) with the up-swept fish tails, apes....ya de ya de ya
    I also like to be challenged in different things, keeps the mind young, and alert, especially as ya get older. Notice I didn't want to be suicide clutch challenged. There's a big difference betweeen a rocker clutch and a suicide clutch. We shall see how it goes......it's not on there yet.
  • July 30, 2010 1:40 AM PDT
    i have a friend in austin that has that on his ride, whole new set of skills to run that.
    • 19046 posts
    July 30, 2010 1:47 AM PDT
    shedsruty59 wrote...
    WHY?

Yeah they look cool but I have heard, no personal experience though, they are tough to learn. And after years of riding and you end up in a panic situation the brain is hard wired to what you have been riding most of your life. The auto response part of the brain takes over. Could be dangerous.

I had a right shift Bonnie and twice in panic braking all I did was downshift...

• July 30, 2010 1:55 AM PDT
    I'd say go for it but be safe. My ole Norton is right shift too and it is second nature now.
  • July 30, 2010 1:57 AM PDT
    Here's a link to an exploded view and kit for rocker clutch

http://www.retrocycle.com/CustomChromeSku/060075/Foot_Clutch_for_Big_Twins.html
    • 21 posts
    July 30, 2010 3:15 AM PDT
    i rolled a jockey shift suicide clutch for awhile - i know you're talking about a rocker clutch - I did take me a long while to get used to it - so just e careful - to the Road Dog's point, under pressure old habits will kick in -
    I like the idea by the way!!!
    • 1780 posts
    July 30, 2010 3:52 AM PDT
    By the exploded view provided by HogHaven (Thanks for that link) it appears to me once you install the rocker clutch the clutch peddles actually will become your left foot riding placement point, and those peddles look pretty small for a comfortable ride of any distance. In other words there is no place to install a highway peg if you will. Does anybody else see it that way?
    Dragon
    • 1066 posts
    July 30, 2010 6:07 AM PDT
    I wouldn't do it, but hell I cant walk and chew gum at the same time, but that's just me.
    • 1509 posts
    July 30, 2010 7:44 AM PDT
    I do like chrome and good looks but as the wise and greatly missed Hambone said"Chrome won't get you home". I have limited exprience with rideing motorcycles in general. A 650 yamaha, the fxwg and now the flhrc can't imagine wanting to take my hands of the grips when shit is going wrong. or even takeing them off to shift when thigs are going right.
    • 1780 posts
    July 30, 2010 11:19 AM PDT
    Hey just to put everyone at ease on this subject......Angel Eyes will put her foot down on this crazy idea, so there ya have it. No Problem
    • 19046 posts
    July 30, 2010 12:15 PM PDT
    nightdragon wrote...
    Hey just to put everyone at ease on this subject......Angel Eyes will put her foot down on this crazy idea, so there ya have it. No Problem

Hey Dragon, maybe that is why we call them the better half...

• 1509 posts
    July 30, 2010 12:58 PM PDT
    I do not Know what happened in Bowling Green But sometimes the no most time women no best they let us dream but smack the reality right back into us when the time is right
    • 119 posts
    July 30, 2010 2:07 PM PDT
    Balloon poppers they are lol