Here are some actual instructions on consumer goods.

• 1161 posts
    July 20, 2010 6:22 PM PDT
    In case you need further proof that the human race is doomed through stupidity, Here are some actual instructions on consumer goods.

1. On SEAR's hairdryer: "Don't use while sleeping" (Gee,that's the only time I have to work on my hair)

2. On a bag of Fritos: "You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside." (Evidently, the shoplifter's special)

3. On a bar of Dial soap: "Directions: Use like regular soap" (And that would be how!?!?!?!?)

4. On some Swanson frozen dinners: "Serving suggestion:defrost" (Its *just* a suggestion)

5. On Tesco's Tiramisu's desserts (printed on bottom of box): "Do not turn over" (opps to late)

6. On Marks & Spencer's bread pudding: "Product will be hot after heating"

7. On packaging of a Rowenta Iron: "Do not iron clothes on body" (But wouldn't this save even more time?)

8. On Boot's Children's Cough Medicine: "Do not drive a car or operate machinery after take this medication" (I think we would cut down on all the construction accidents if we just get those 5 year olds with coughs off the forklifts)

9. On Nytol Sleepin Aid: "Warning: May cause drowsiness" (I would Hope so)

10. On most brands of Cristmas lights: "For indoor and outdoor use only" (As Oppose to what?)

11. On a Japanese food processer: "Not to be used for other use" (I gotta admit, I'm curious..)

12. On Sainsbury peanuts: "Warning: Contains nuts" (NEWS FLASH!)

13. On American Airlines package of peanuts: "Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts" (STEP 3: fly Delta)

14. On a child's superman costume: "Wearing of garment does not enable you to fly" (I don't blame the company, I blame the parents for that one)

15. On a Swedish chain saw: "Do not attemptto stop chain with you hands or genitals" (Was there a chance of this happening somwhere?)
    • 5420 posts
    July 21, 2010 3:03 AM PDT
    This was always one of my favorites.  A few years back I had a spell of vertigo, so the doctor gave me these pills for the dizzeness.

The front states: "Take one tablet as needed for Dizzness".  The warning on the back states: "May cause Dizziness".

So when I took them and told the doctor they wern't working 'cause I was still dizzy...he said "Oh no, they're working, that's just a side effect" WTF!
    • 1516 posts
    July 21, 2010 3:31 AM PDT
    All I can do is shake my head!
    • 1066 posts
    July 21, 2010 3:39 AM PDT
    Well Lucky, i guess you have to flip a coin on that one.
  • July 21, 2010 4:03 AM PDT
    You can thank your local trial attorneys for all of this!
    • 834 posts
    July 21, 2010 4:23 AM PDT
    Seakers wrote...

15. On a Swedish chain saw: "Do not attemptto stop chain with you hands or genitals" (Was there a chance of this happening somwhere?)

I'm sure in certain areas this is probably a popular dare when cutting trees and drinking!

• 352 posts
    July 21, 2010 5:53 AM PDT
    just a few more for another chuckle...

on an electric lawn mower -- Warning: Do not attempt to remove blade while lawnmower is running or plugged into an outlet.

On a bicycle -- "Removing the wheel can influence the performance of the bicycle"  (Ya think?)

On a toilet brush-- "Do not use for personal hygine"

On car sun shield-- "Do not drive with shield in place." (Unless you've been drinking of course.)

On the ipod Shuffle -- "Do not eat." (WTF?)

• July 22, 2010 3:48 PM PDT
    But ya know for these warnings to be put on these items someone tried whatever the warning is for. Sad isn't it?

Do ya fry the ipod first? LOL!