Why I carry a Gun.

• 2 posts
    December 8, 2009 8:40 AM PST
    I noticed people mention "open carry". I am more in favor of concealed cary as open carry is too frightening to some people.
    • 1780 posts
    December 8, 2009 8:41 AM PST
    You go dude....because I'm ex military I fought for all the rights that govern this country, so I'm big into 2nd "A". I
    held my hand up in 1968 and I swore to up-hold the constitution of this United States and to protect it from enemy both foreign and domestic! There were a lot of very smart people that drew up the laws that govern this great nation, why would I not comply?
    Heck I'm wearing a 40 cal right now as I write this e-mail. I wear it when I'm at home, when I mow the grass, when I go to the store.........etc.
    Night Dragon
    Proud Viet Nam Vet 70-71
    • 1780 posts
    December 8, 2009 8:50 AM PST
    I absoulty hate people that pray on the elderly, the weak, the unprotected. I see it all the time in the news, and I can barely restrain myself. I have a tattoo on my right arm that says Guardian Angle......and I WILL step in between the low lifes of this world and the good folks that make this place a pretty cool to live.
    No Retreat....No Surender!!!
    Night Dragon
  • December 9, 2009 12:49 AM PST
    shovelhead86 "I noticed people mention "open carry". I am more in favor of concealed cary as open carry is too frightening to some people."

Why aren't cops scary, cops open carry.
    If more people OC'd, maybe it would seem normal.
    • 2 posts
    December 9, 2009 4:25 AM PST
    Why do you own a fire extinguisher if you have a Fire Department?
  • December 10, 2009 12:16 PM PST
    99Savage wrote...
    Why do you own a fire extinguisher if you have a Fire Department?
    Very good point 999Savage

• December 10, 2009 12:25 PM PST
    i carry a hand gun because i am to young to die and to old to take the beating.. And its my constitutional right. I live in northern minnesota you can carry open or conceled i do both and have never had any trouble wnen i carry open guns are more  accpted up in the woods here i guess.
  • December 13, 2009 11:41 AM PST
    I carry because I carried in Oct. of '95 when two thugs tried to kill me in my driveway in Norfolk, VA. I lit them up like a christmas tree. They didn't even try to rob me first, just started shooting at me. If I hadn't been carrying (this was before I met my wife) my four beautiful children would never have been born. This is why I carry and why I teach people who want to carry so they can get their CCW permit. Nobody should have to die for a lack of shooting back!!!!! It may never happen in your entire life, but if it happens once, it could end your entire life...
  • December 13, 2009 11:54 AM PST
    hey highrisk, i agree completely. and carry as well
    • 65 posts
    December 13, 2009 1:44 PM PST
    I agree with you highrisk and especially the statement: "Police Protection" is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime; they investigate the crime after it happens, and then clean up the mess.

• December 13, 2009 2:06 PM PST
    I agree with Defcon i would rather have it and not need it, Than need it and not have it. o and i do have a permit to carry.
  • December 19, 2009 5:07 AM PST
    I shot 470 last time I was at the Bullet Hole Range! Was waiting outside a store for a friend, in my car. Doors unlocked. This big guy gets into my car, I pulled out my gun, slid one into the chamber. He said "Sorry. Wrong car" and got out.What would of happened if I hadn't had one? I refuse to be a victim!
    • 1364 posts
    December 19, 2009 6:39 AM PST
    yamamama wrote...
    I shot 470 last time I was at the Bullet Hole Range! Was waiting outside a store for a friend, in my car. Doors unlocked. This big guy gets into my car, I pulled out my gun, slid one into the chamber. He said "Sorry. Wrong car" and got out.What would of happened if I hadn't had one? I refuse to be a victim!

I AWAYS have a round in the chamber. Time is of the essence in a life or death situation

• December 19, 2009 9:18 AM PST
    I usually do. But in that situation, I had a little 380 in my back pocket.
  • December 22, 2009 1:49 AM PST
    I hear that!

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6...
  • December 22, 2009 3:36 AM PST
    I carry a gun not because I try to intimidate others but because the ARMY taught me that the price of our freedom was won and it is maintained sadly by a gun’s barrel.
    • 1780 posts
    December 27, 2009 2:12 AM PST
    The only time I don't have one in the pipe is with my 12 ga pump shotgun, and that's because it sounds scary as hell to hear a 12 ga shell being pumped into the pipe, especially in the night.

Night Dragon
  • December 27, 2009 11:13 AM PST
    Guns have been beddy beddy good to me
  • December 27, 2009 1:36 PM PST
    Massachusetts gives one year for carrying a gun. If I could I would. If you own a rifle you must be a member of a rifle club and take a hunters education course, which I have, but still no gun, not really interested.
    • 2 posts
    December 28, 2009 12:10 AM PST
    Sad to hell what happened in Massachusetts - Cradle of liberty - Home of Savage Arms & Springfield Armory (Also Indiam Motorcycles, but that is another story)
    Went to a museum there & they had trigger locks on the Flintlock Muskets - Was tempted to ask for my money back
  • December 31, 2009 7:13 AM PST
    I carry because I cant control what is going on in the enviroment I am in, However if deadly force rears it ugly head at me I have the technology and knowledge necessary to defend me and mine.
  • December 31, 2009 5:02 PM PST
    I carry a .45 every time I ride... I am in the mountains and so are the bears and I hear tell that they think Honda riders tast sweeter then the other riders LOL
    • 1364 posts
    January 13, 2010 6:21 AM PST
    AN ACTUAL CRAIG'S LIST PERSONALS AD

・@

To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.

Date: 2009-05-27, 1:43 a.m. E.S.T.

I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend, threatening our lives. You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I can only hope that you somehow come across this rather important message.

First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment; I didn't expect you to actually crap in your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason. My girlfriend had just bought me that Kimber Model 1911 .45 ACP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening. Obviously you agree that it is a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head .... Isn't it?!

I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with that brown sludge in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse walking bare-footed since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. [That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies to come help mug us again].

After I called your mother or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I went and filled up my gas tank as well as those of four other people in the gas station, -- on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 150 gallons and was extremely grateful!

I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!]

I then threw your wallet into the big pink "pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb ... After I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car.

Later, I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell phone. Ma Bell just now shut down the line, although I only used the phone for a little over a day now, so what 's going on with that? Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my possible target.

The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number etc.).

In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you ... But I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider, the career path you've chosen to pursue in life. Remember, next time you might not be so lucky.Have a good day!

Thoughtfully yours,

Alex

P.S. Remember this motto ... An armed society makes for a more civil society!
  • January 13, 2010 6:50 AM PST

• 2 posts
    January 13, 2010 8:38 AM PST
    hambone,
    Reminds me of El Paso - There the guns started where Dirty Harry left off