How many miles does a biker ride?

• 1161 posts
    January 4, 2012 6:06 PM PST
    Well I have had my bike for 1 month today, and have had it appart more then together to ride. But I do have just under 88 miles on it. But there is more I want to do to it but those are all in town miles because of the lower CC's on it. But it gets me on 2 wheels and I'm slowly fixing it up and making it look better.
    • 63 posts
    January 4, 2012 10:38 PM PST
    Seakers wrote...
    Well I have had my bike for 1 month today, and have had it appart more then together to ride. But I do have just under 88 miles on it. But there is more I want to do to it but those are all in town miles because of the lower CC's on it. But it gets me on 2 wheels and I'm slowly fixing it up and making it look better.

Hey,,, don't apologize for the scoot you ride,,,,, the ride is the important part, what you ride.

I started road riding on a 1968 Honda 450 back in 1971,,,, and have had a bunch since then,,,,
    • 1855 posts
    January 4, 2012 11:55 PM PST
    Prior to retirement we'd still put on the miles; roughly 10-12K a year of mainly 3-day power runs on week-ends and one vacation a year. Retirement has been great. I've not really paid much attention to yearly miles actually but I gotta figure over the last 3 years it's been 20K plus a year. And like I said in another post, it's the dog that keeps our mileage down.

BTW Seakers, you have a classic Honda there. Put what you have to in her and she'll return the favor 10 fold.

Peace
  • January 5, 2012 12:18 AM PST
     . ..there seems to be a "theme" to some post around here....first I saw one that was titled....what is a "real biker" ? ....and now...how many miles does a biker ride .....I dont really know the answer to either of these questions....but a quote I heard quite a while ago has stuck with me all this time.....its the journey...not the destination...the end of 2011 officially marks the end of ten years that Ive owned my Valk...I have a little over 88,892 miles on her....which averages out to about 8,500 a year.......Ive been in the wind since I was 8 years old....first on the back of my ol mans Harleys ...but I couldnt afford my own bike until I was 22 ....I bought a nearly new 1977 Honda 750F....I had been riding about 2 months when I bolted an old used "tiny" touring bag onto the back....strapped my back pack to that....and moved to Houston Texas from New Jersey...it was my first real "road trip" and being green I didnt bother to check the weather....it rained 3 days out of 5.....this shot was taken when I was finally past the front and my first real day of sunshine....in Biloxi Missippi...

...now....fast forward 35 years.....this was two years ago....Chili and I are about to leave on a two week adventure from Northern Michigan ...again to Texas...this time for a friends BBQ......

.......note the "refinements" that have taken place over the years......and yes...I did check the weather this time.. 

• January 5, 2012 1:12 AM PST
    ooh, oooh, oooh....I know the answer to this...."Til he gets to his destination..."