Myrtle Beach Bike Week

• BDM
    March 15, 2010 9:14 AM PDT
    Simply put , are you going  ?
  • March 15, 2010 9:46 AM PDT
    Yup will be there!
  • April 6, 2010 6:45 AM PDT
    Just did a little snooping around and found this...............
    myrtlebeachrallies.com/

May 6th to May 16th 2010

SPRING RALLY 2010 NEWS:
    2010 Spring Rally IS ON! DON'T call Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce. They will only tell you that they are not having bike rallies anymore.

This rally, formally known as "Myrtle Beach Bike Week" or "Myrtle Beach Fall Rally" will be promoted as "THE GRAND STRAND BIKE RALLY!".

• Bring, wear, buy a helmet since the city of Myrtle Beach may be requiring you to wear a helmet if you travel through it.
    • Keep noise levels to minimum around town
    • Two bikes per parking space maximum
    • Obey all posted signs
    • Come and have a great time
    • 5419 posts
    April 6, 2010 6:47 AM PDT
    We knew that. Been in our calendar for months...

http://www.cyclefish.com/event/195/
  • April 6, 2010 7:04 AM PDT
    First I seen Myrtle Beach mentioned here, been trying to find what you just linked and can't find it anywhere listed here, checked the events link at top may have missed it.
  • April 7, 2010 2:25 AM PDT
    I read the other day, that HD backed out and will not be there. Do to the limitations and restrictions imposed and the low attendance at the last rally, it would not be in their best interests.

http://www.cyrilhuzeblog.com/2010/03/20/breaking-news-harley-davidson-withdrawing-from-north-myrtle-beach-rally/ />
    • 5419 posts
    April 7, 2010 2:34 AM PDT
    Got a feeling you are going to see a lot of companies pulling out. There has just been to much controversy, and even though they are having an event too many riders have heard "Myrtle Beach Canceled", and have already made the decision not to attend. I saw the same thing in Holister last year...The city announce that the event was canceled and everyone who was planning on going made other plans. By time the promoters announced the event would be held outside the city, it was too late...no one showed up.
  • April 7, 2010 4:18 AM PDT
    I followed it daily last year with the local news there online and saw alot of positive feedback, yes the town of Myrtle Beach sucked but north and south areas seemed to be doing well considering the weather. There was still alot of folks there, daily thunderstorms took alot of fun out of it. The paper posted daily road blocks and where all the events was happening.

The following week, Black Biker Week was busy as well, I was riding to Deals Gap that sunday and encountered many folks returning to Florida from there.
  • November 21, 2011 11:27 AM PST
    Guys thinking of either Laconia or Myrtle Beach in 2012. Anyone like to share their thoughts on best hotels/bars etc at either ? Thanks in advance.
  • November 26, 2011 3:56 AM PST
    Go to MB for Smutt Butts on Putt Putts Week !!
    • 1855 posts
    November 26, 2011 4:13 AM PST
    Never cared for it. Don't go. Laconia is A+!!!

Peace
  • November 28, 2011 1:33 AM PST
    SnowCrash7 wrote...
    Guys thinking of either Laconia or Myrtle Beach in 2012. Anyone like to share their thoughts on best hotels/bars etc at either ? Thanks in advance.

SnowCrash7, we checked out MB this past May.  Sadly, it wasn't half the rally it was back about 5-7 years ago.  There are still good times to be had though, The Suck Bang & Blow usually delivers a good time and so does HB Spokes. 

I know a little bit more about Laconia as it's my back yard.  Laconia is fun and you'll see a lot of bikers.  The locals also appreciate the buisness from Bike week so you don't have to worry any negativity from them--they expect the traffic and additional revenue.  There are some chain hotels so if you use a search engine for them, book early.  The regulars book out the "mom and pop" hotels every year which are right on the strip so those are a bit harder to be had.  Once at Weirs Beach there are plenty of bars and events to see.  The Broken Spoke is always a riot and they have camping on site, so you can imagine the parties.
    Whichever of the two you choose, no doubt it'll be fun.  Hey, we might even see you up at Laconia next year! 

• March 20, 2013 2:22 PM PDT
    Going in 2013! Just made the reservations today and can't wait. Never been so I guess I can't comment on the past, but I'm going to have a blast this year JACK, as uncle Si says. Momma ain't too thrilled but bless her heart for giving it a shot anyway. She's a trooper. She's afraid she's gonna see some boobs. I told her to just close her eyes, But I gotta look because I'm driving! He,He,He!
  • March 20, 2013 3:09 PM PDT
    I BE THERE. I GO EVERY YEAR I BE THERE 14 THRU THE 20
  • March 20, 2013 10:32 PM PDT
    you tell em cowboy it's just as good at murrells inlet as it was at mb juat run 31 between murrells inlet and north myrtle , and there are good motels to stay in garden city and from the airport down . 2 state parks and multiple campgrounds ..... check murrells inlet , surfside , garden city ,and conway
  • March 21, 2013 7:09 AM PDT
    We'll be there the13th - 16th. I figure it will be a little tamer on the weekdays. Don't want to scare my wife away on the first time at bike week. Had to do some serious begging to get to come down. I hope this gets her mind off our parents for a little while. They all are in bad shape, especially her mom who has Alzhiemers. We both need to get away for a little bit. Was thinking of going to Star Days in Pa. But just didn't want to go that far away just in case something happens. Myrtle is only 3 1/2 hours away.
  • March 23, 2013 8:59 AM PDT
    YOU WILL LOVE IT

• March 27, 2013 4:03 AM PDT
    I know our club is going to be heading to Myrtle Beach for this rally.
  • April 26, 2013 2:23 PM PDT
    Countin' down the days!
  • April 27, 2013 12:04 AM PDT
    ME TO . Markyd
  • April 27, 2013 6:32 PM PDT
    15 days and counting. Only 6 more work days. Woooo Hoooo!
  • August 25, 2013 4:48 PM PDT
    Looks like I might make the Fall Rally now. Got a place to stay if we want it. The wife can't ride with me though and that's the bummer. Loved the Spring Rally. I'd be happy just to sit with her and watch the bikes go by. Well maybe not that happy!
  • March 27, 2014 7:00 PM PDT
    Got the reservations for the 2014 Spring rally. My wife still can't ride but she is ready to go back and by golly she's gonna! Hopefully we get a miracle and she'll be able to ride some. If not, we'll just be happy to be there. Can't wait.
  • March 27, 2014 7:00 PM PDT
    Got the reservations for the 2014 Spring rally. My wife still can't ride but she is ready to go back and by golly she's gonna! Hopefully we get a miracle and she'll be able to ride some. If not, we'll just be happy to be there. Can't wait.