tour pack on a roadglide

• March 2, 2010 12:13 AM PST
    I own a 2007 HD RoadGlide, and was thinking of adding a tour pack to it any thoughts yea or nae and where is the best place to purchase this.
    • 1364 posts
    March 2, 2010 1:14 AM PST
    If I was going to do this. I would go with H-D and would mount it with the quick release docking system, that way easy on and easy off if you choose.
    • 12 posts
    March 2, 2010 1:45 AM PST
    I to have an 07 Road Glide with a trunk it was detachable . Go to a HD Dealer I had to change mine to rigid mount b cuz I swapped the motor so I had to much power for a detach . No Regrets
  • March 3, 2010 4:55 AM PST
    what color do you need ?saw one on cvo web site orange choped not king so will not hold much
    • 19040 posts
    March 3, 2010 5:21 AM PST
    I agree with High Riask and Road Wing. I have the detachable one on Rex (04 Road King) and it is just right. But be ready for sticker shock. About a grand by the time you get the mounting kit, brackets, tour pack and backrest, and that was 04 dollars. Cyclefish, Ebay and Graig's list might help here.
    • 1 posts
    March 3, 2010 11:45 AM PST
    Yep, the detachable onse are great. I also saw something really cool at Daytona. It was a sliding detachable Tour Pak mount. It allowed you to remove the passenger seat and slide the Tour Pak forward so that it became the riders backrest.

Wish I could remember the name of the company that made it. If I come across their card I will let you know. You might want to search around.
  • March 4, 2010 7:37 AM PST
    Thanks everyone for there valuable input. I went to the dealer and ordered my tour pack and accessories. The sticker price was steep around 1300, but when it comes in they will do the conversion free of charge. and they will even do the brake lights to work with the pak.