what is a biker

• February 15, 2010 7:39 AM PST
    shadowgal wrote...
    Hmmph, Seems all the comments on "what is a biker?" are from men. I know there are lots of female "bikers" out there. It just means lovin' your bike, lovin to ride it, not infringing on the rights of others and expecting them to not infringe on yours. The "wee wave" on the highway makes me smile. I always do it. Biker is a state of mind and heart, not about what kind of bike you have, or what you wear when you ride. If you have to have stuff and patches and all that crap, then you probably don't really love the ride as much as you love the stuff. ShadowGal

Nice shadowgal, well put........The wee wave? lol....I call it the hand down..no matter what it's called.
    I always..wee wave...hand down lol

Ride Fast n Strong...
    RandyJoe...
  • February 15, 2010 7:59 AM PST
    rory1 wrote...
    Wax on SingSingwayne...I need some answers to this thread, today i lost a good friend,a comrade, a man who i consider a true biker, ya, I'm probably maudling in grief and anger, but ...it may give some meaning to his lifestyle, and my envy of it

Hey Rory....if i can just take a moment to share your loss of a good friends and brother.....

You know ....i can only think to say that if he died and passed on then at least he died doin what he loved to do. Im sure this may sound trite and just 'off the cuff' and i dont mean it to come across as such. ..
    many times people spend their entire lives just in perpetual mental masturbatary fantasies about what they really want to do before they cash in their chips....So many of these same people get railroaded by this thing we call Life into doing shit they absolutely ****** hate and its like a death by a thousand cuts....you just die a little bit more each day. There's no death like a spiritual death...though the physical thing can really suck,too. (piss poor attempt at humor here...sorry)..
    You should count yourself lucky to have crossed paths with such a right on dude that he actually got the chance to do and feel that certain inexpressible thing that drove him to do it..we should all be so lucky.......
    In the end we all end up buyin the farm....As for me when this song finnally ends and i gotta cash in my chips i know i can at least find some peace knowin that i accepted Jesus as my Lord and savior and that I got to do and be that which i always wanted to be.....
    This probably makes no sense,brother wind but at ,least chew on it for awhile.....peace.
    -SingSing.
    • 601 posts
    February 16, 2010 7:01 AM PST
    WOW, what a send off. We got sithfaced last night on everything from Bud to Tequila, finished up at 5am in a roadside bus shelter singing songs of revolution. Ceremoney was quiet affair, SingSing, I more or less quoted you word for word..and attributed my wee speech to an "American Biker". Fainne is a nickname in english it means circle...today for the first time i got his real name.. Cathal...and I knew this guy for 30 years !!! If any of you know anything about recent Irish history , he was a product of the Christian Brothers slave labour camps, so his only family was us, a bunch of degenerate delinquints, but a close family.
    • 1040 posts
    February 16, 2010 7:07 AM PST
    SingSingWayne wrote...
    rory1 wrote...
    Wax on SingSingwayne...I need some answers to this thread, today i lost a good friend,a comrade, a man who i consider a true biker, ya, I'm probably maudling in grief and anger, but ...it may give some meaning to his lifestyle, and my envy of it

Hey Rory....if i can just take a moment to share your loss of a good friends and brother.....

You know ....i can only think to say that if he died and passed on then at least he died doin what he loved to do. Im sure this may sound trite and just 'off the cuff' and i dont mean it to come across as such. ..
    many times people spend their entire lives just in perpetual mental masturbatary fantasies about what they really want to do before they cash in their chips....So many of these same people get railroaded by this thing we call Life into doing shit they absolutely ****** hate and its like a death by a thousand cuts....you just die a little bit more each day. There's no death like a spiritual death...though the physical thing can really suck,too. (piss poor attempt at humor here...sorry)..
    You should count yourself lucky to have crossed paths with such a right on dude that he actually got the chance to do and feel that certain inexpressible thing that drove him to do it..we should all be so lucky.......
    In the end we all end up buyin the farm....As for me when this song finnally ends and i gotta cash in my chips i know i can at least find some peace knowin that i accepted Jesus as my Lord and savior and that I got to do and be that which i always wanted to be.....
    This probably makes no sense,brother wind but at ,least chew on it for awhile.....peace.
    -SingSing.

As always Wayne, your words are well written and your ability to express yourself to the subject at hand seems always to me to be as clear and precise as one could ask...Thank You Bro for being you...Peace to ya!

• September 9, 2010 4:23 PM PDT
    Rory. I don't know you, and this thread went some strange places, but I just came across it and wanted to share with you that though I've been riding for fifty years, earned a million mile patch, and am amazed that I made it this far, the original title of the thread is what made me look through it. I published a book a couple years ago titled, 'What's A Biker.'. I've never owned any thing less than a Harley, never even owned a sportster, though I've owned a couple 45 ci three wheelers, and I've ridden my old Flathead 80 for better than 40 years, and I still never thought of myself as 'biker'. Just thought I'd share that with you. Puppy
    • 1780 posts
    September 10, 2010 2:01 AM PDT
    I have a title people use for me, it's not Biker, it's not Biker want to be, it's not motorcycle dude, or any of those titles....It's Kenny, my name. I ride because I love the wind in my face, and the smell of such things as freshly cut grass, and the freedom of more mobility. If you think I look like a bad ass, then maybe you have been watching to many cheep Motorcycle B flicks....that's your problem. This bad ass look, as you think, is nothing more than a preceived image by others from the depths of there shallow minds. Well let me tell you this bad ass, loves, hugs old ladies, laughs with his wife, and yes cry's just like any body else when sadden.
    So I don't really give a shit what you call me....just remember my name....Kenny or aka Night Dragon.
    • 1364 posts
    September 10, 2010 2:05 AM PDT
    nightdragon wrote...
    I have a title people use for me, it's not Biker, it's not Biker want to be, it's not motorcycle dude, or any of those titles....It's Kenny, my name. I ride because I love the wind in my face, and the smell of such things as freshly cut grass, and the freedom of more mobility. If you think I look like a bad ass, then maybe you have been watching to many cheep Motorcycle B flicks....that's your problem. This bad ass look, as you think, is nothing more than a preceived image by others from the depths of there shallow minds. Well let me tell you this bad ass, loves, hugs old ladies, laughs with his wife, and yes cry's just like any body else when sadden.
    So I don't really give a shit what you call me....just remember my name....Kenny or aka Night Dragon.

Well said Kenny...... People are just people, Just a soul with a protective shell

• 212 posts
    September 10, 2010 5:09 AM PDT
    Me ..... having fun riding and living my life!!
    • 223 posts
    September 10, 2010 10:30 AM PDT
    What is a biker?

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<<<<  That is a biker.

• 58 posts
    September 11, 2010 12:34 PM PDT
    Well Gee, I guess, I hope, In light of what you have all had to say on this, that somebody can/will call me a biker!
    • 1066 posts
    September 12, 2010 3:32 PM PDT
    I don't care if you call me BIKER, ENTHUSIAST, whatever. If you want to ride, saddle up and lets roll.
    • 223 posts
    September 12, 2010 3:46 PM PDT
    Hollywood wrote...
    I don't care if you call me BIKER, ENTHUSIAST, whatever. If you want to ride, saddle up and lets roll.

• 0 posts
    September 12, 2010 5:47 PM PDT
    I'll give you all a bloody hint...As alot of you know a couple of months ago i went through a car pretty bloody hard...I still turned up for Sturgis even though i couldnt ride and as some of the boys put it"moved like the tin man in the mornings".I came home and couldnt wait to try and ride again. I' e had all the rehab and therapy i can take and just started riding the old ironhead again. Been waiting like a little kid for my Buell to come home been off the road since the crash. Weekly i call the repairer and check progress and last week he said "she's nearly ready". I bought Marni a new car last week and was worried about room in the garage for the bikes. All weekend ive been moving cars and bikes and carpet making room for"my bike" to come home. This morning i got a phone call from the insurance company,some dirty rotten dog stole my buell from the tuning shop and the cops have no leads. I'm crushed, my bike is my baby, its a part of who i am,its what makes me me.....So when yopu feel like you've lost a part of your family and are ready to shoot people in the head, and someone says its only a bike. They my freinds are not bikers and never will be.
    • 0 posts
    September 12, 2010 8:26 PM PDT
    oh and either are the arseholes at the insurance company who got my bike stolen.........
    • 58 posts
    September 14, 2010 2:10 PM PDT
    With you, Hollywood!
    • 580 posts
    September 16, 2010 11:58 AM PDT
    A biker is someone who rides through choice. Not because it's the most comfortable way to transport your body but because it can be the most magical way to carry a soul.

Those were not my words but some I found years ago and they sum up how I feel when I ride. Live honestly, respect others, love those close to you.

Rory1 - sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.  Thoughts and prayers are with you and the family

Choc

• 212 posts
    September 16, 2010 12:53 PM PDT
    Oh no Boof hope you find your baby
    • 9 posts
    October 23, 2010 11:38 AM PDT
    Being a Biker means only one thing to me. That I can finally be "myself".  No holds barred. No excuses necessary.
    For those of us that have felt the pull of the wind, no other single means, will achieve that feeling.  When you've seen the sign or shirt that says..."if I have to explain, you wouldn't understand", you instinctively "know".  Some can achieve their dreams, hopes and goals by other varying routes, but for a biker, there is only one way. And that is the way "this biker" chooses. Rock on and Ride Free...Tweek
    • 9 posts
    October 23, 2010 4:28 PM PDT
    Am I a biker?  Mmmmm... what question. I ride, so I am ?
    • 580 posts
    October 24, 2010 7:11 AM PDT
    Only a biker knows why a dog likes to stick it's head out of the window in the car (o:
  • October 24, 2010 7:43 AM PDT
    Talk about beatin a dead horse, I havent been on for a looooong time n this subject is still bein kicked around? Intresting....
    Ride Stromg....RandyJoe...
  • g
    October 24, 2010 8:07 AM PDT
    some ***** that has a bike .
  • g
    October 24, 2010 8:08 AM PDT
    bikers are hard ,bikers stop at the side of the road for a pish .
    • 9 posts
    October 24, 2010 8:28 AM PDT
    I don't know g, I have trouble with pish when I'm hard!
  • g
    October 24, 2010 8:38 AM PDT
    just sit doon then .