World's Fastest Indian

• 5420 posts
    May 27, 2009 5:16 AM PDT
    On a recommendation from Mike (RexTheRoadDog) I finally saw the movie "The World's Fastest Indian" the other night.  If you haven't seen this movie yet you need to.

I had Laura get it from NetFlix and she wasn't too excited about seeing it...thought is was going to be all about motorcycles.  Well I convinced her and my 13 year old to watch it with me (since we always watch the movies they want to see), and both of them thought it was a great movie, as did I.  Yes it is about a motorcycle...to an extent.  But more than that it is about a man with a dream, and nothing is going to stop him from making that dream a reality.

Thanks Mike, GREAT MOVIE!!!
    • 19046 posts
    May 27, 2009 11:04 AM PDT
    You be welcome!! That is on my top ten list. If you think Hopkins did a good acting performance, get the 'extras' disc. There are actual film clips of Burt Munro and then you will see just how Great a performance Hopkins did!!!
    • 5420 posts
    May 28, 2009 3:31 AM PDT
    Didn't see that and Laura already sent it back. Told the family I want the DVD for Father's Day and to make sure it comes with the extras.
  • May 28, 2009 4:30 AM PDT
    I bought it also after watching it. I can watch it 100 times and not get tired of it. Great movie and Hopkins is outstanding as usual.
  • g
    June 17, 2009 7:24 AM PDT
    i thought it was pish ma sell.
  • June 17, 2009 1:50 PM PDT
    OMG, that is the first person I have heard that didn't like that movie, if not love it!!!

For the World's Fastest Indian.
    • 2 posts
    June 19, 2009 2:49 AM PDT
    Like Lucky's wife I watched it reluctantly at the request of my husband.  I love motorcyclecyes, but a movie called the World's Fastest Indian about a guy that wanted to go fast, just didn't sound that exciting to me.  Well I am really glad I did watch it.   What a great movie!  How could you not pull for Burt Munro to achieve his dream.

From me too.
  • g
    July 1, 2009 6:40 AM PDT
    its on ur tv the night ,seen it a few times .
    • 1364 posts
    July 6, 2009 1:29 AM PDT
    I borrowed the movie from Raywood, Thanks Ray...... What an outstanding movie...... Deener and I enjoyed it very much........................ Kinda makes ya think.... What do you want to do with your life...  
    • 5420 posts
    July 6, 2009 4:55 AM PDT
    I knew you guys would enjoy it...it is an awesome movie!!! You don't even have to be into bikes to enjoy that movie.
    • 1516 posts
    July 6, 2009 6:15 AM PDT
    We have watched it several times at my house. Even my 17 year old thought it was a great movie!
    • 910 posts
    November 16, 2009 2:03 PM PST
    I just watched this. Wow.. He's a fighter! He faced so many challenges, how many other's would have given up in those circumstances?

I watched the online version so I didn't see the extras. I guess I'm going to have to get that DVD for the those now too. :-)
    • 834 posts
    July 27, 2011 3:06 AM PDT
    Finally got to see it. Now one of my top 10 movies!
    • 3006 posts
    July 27, 2011 4:26 AM PDT
    Just saw this movie last year for first time,like others I wasnt too excited about watching it,yet I have to admit it was a really well done movie,w/out too much hollywood ad lib thrown in.Pretty inspiring film,now if Hollywood would just git it thru their thick skulls what the people really want to see,true storys well written of the triumph of the human spirit to overcome insurmountable odds..
    • 9 posts
    July 27, 2011 5:17 AM PDT
    Thanks for the glowing recommendation. I am always looking for a good flick. That one is now on my list!
    • 5420 posts
    July 28, 2011 5:16 AM PDT
    Been a while since I have seen it. Now I need to watch it again...
    • 846 posts
    July 28, 2011 9:13 AM PDT
    That has been one of my all time favor movies, From watering his lemon tree to getting his tires up to spec. What a hell of a charcter and Hopkins did a great job playing him. Since it was mention I always intented to buy a copy. I guess I should do it now.
  • July 28, 2011 10:04 AM PDT
    I had my doubts when I got my wife to put it the queue on Netflix but it turned out to be a good film.