Question about gangs

• 190 posts
    January 31, 2010 10:08 AM PST
    i don't remember what the protocol was for an unpatched rider passing a patch, i have done it, i ease up, i show my respect. if they look pissed, i back off, or back off and hold the lane for them if they need to get around something. and yes, a prospect never passes a patch! unless that is a patch brother and the prospect was so instructed. but that is very rare.

Cool. I'll fall back and ley ya take the floor on these questions,easybreeze....ride safe...
  • January 31, 2010 10:12 AM PST
    don't leave sing!
    • 2 posts
    January 31, 2010 10:29 AM PST
    Was not as clear as I should have been - About the only patches you are ever likely to see on me are ones relating to the Navy, one "Buell", one NRA, one cross + someday maybe a "Cyclefish" or one from Michigan Tech if I can convince them to make one. -
    Nothing against clubs/formal groups/gangs but just not for me.
    • 190 posts
    January 31, 2010 10:30 AM PST
    yeah 99.....different strokes for different folks....
    • 1780 posts
    January 31, 2010 10:46 AM PST
    99Savage wrote...
    Was not as clear as I should have been - About the only patches you are ever likely to see on me are ones relating to the Navy, one "Buell", one NRA, one cross + someday maybe a "Cyclefish" or one from Michigan Tech if I can convince them to make one. -
    Nothing against clubs/formal groups/gangs but just not for me.

Hey Bro I respect everyone that has no problem speaking there mind. God if this world was full of say Dragons.....how boring that would be.
    You mentioned Navy.....so I asume you are ex-navy....well I'm ex-Air Force, and you know what ......only the Marines are the only ones that have a cool yell.......hu Rah
    Ok how cool is this ...Air Force......Up into the wild blue Wonder.......don't cut it does it
    Navy........what do they have .......?????
    Dragon
    • 2 posts
    January 31, 2010 10:54 AM PST
    nightdragon:
    I was Navy Air, a.k.a. an "airdale" back in the F-4 days
    No slogan that I can recall tho @ various times when chatting w/ Marines did use "Somebody Has To Take You There". Son is in the amphibious warfare command - I like theirs "This Beach Is Mine"
    • 513 posts
    January 31, 2010 10:58 AM PST
    Most of the patch guys this side of the Atlantic are pretty cool and laid back, speaking about Ireland here, being a small country nearly everybody knows every body or somebody who you are related to and if they don't, it is real easy to find out about you. Even so you would still not want to disrespect them or you will suffer the consequences.

I think it is as simple as if you give sh!t you are going to get sh!t........but is that not the same everywhere. Just be yourself and as already said be cool with them and they will be cool with you.
    • 190 posts
    January 31, 2010 11:08 AM PST
    Your right Dyna....
  • January 31, 2010 12:12 PM PST
    Thanks be to everyone that clarified this to me. I honestly did not know, and I don't recall ever seeing that before (1%). I knew it must have meant something, because all the "bad" gangs had that on their stuff, as though a badge of honor was being displayed. I'm much of the "Live and Let Live" mindset, myself. I don't understand their need to belong to this kind of organization, but that's probably it in a nutshell. I don't understand. I'm glad to know the meaning of it though. I've been riding since I was 15 or so (I'm 57 now) and knew about many gangs. Hell's Angels, obviously the most notorious. I'm grateful to be free to ride (in the 99% bracket) any kind of bike, and with any kind of folks. Two wheels. That's a universal brotherhood (and sisterhood) that we all belong to. Thanks again for all of your info on this. I appreciate the bank of knowledge here!
    • 190 posts
    January 31, 2010 1:58 PM PST
    glad to be of service to ya,junior..
    • 190 posts
    January 31, 2010 2:00 PM PST
    hey woody, i meant that 'junior' comment in a friendly back slappin way,brother...ride safe...
  • January 31, 2010 9:26 PM PST
    A few details that should be noted:

There are _no_ general answers about MC's that fit all clubs or all areas
    • Not all 3-piece patch clubs are 1%
    • Not all 1% clubs are 3-piece patch clubs
    • Not all 1% clubs wear a diamond
    If you give respect, you will get respect back. Act like an asshole and you will be treated like one
    • Never lie to a patch holder (PH)
    • Never call a PH 'bro' or 'brother' unless you have earned the same patch.
    • See rcvsmc.net for more do's and don'ts and MC protocol faux pas,
    As mentioned in a couple of earlier posts, http://rcvsmc.net is a great resource for learning about clubs and the general MC culture. If after reading (and re-reading) that site, you want to know more about a local club's membership requirements, find a local patch holder (PH), get introduced and ask. A hint, start with the Sgt at Arms (SA) and politely ask for an introduction to a chapter officer.

The last important thing to remember is that even if you don't agree with MC traditions and protocol, it doesn't matter. Clubs follow protocol and tradition for good reasons and we don't care if you agree or not. It is what it is...

--Kickstand
    • 16 posts
    January 31, 2010 10:18 PM PST
    Kickstand sums it up pretty good. I'm no club expert, but here in town, there are probably 7 clubs, one being the Angels. I've ridden with members of almost every one of them, attended a few support parties, and even been asked to be a hang around for one. When dealing with clubs, follow protocol, treat everyone with respect and you'll get respect back. Simple as that.
  • February 1, 2010 4:30 AM PST
    One last thing, I for one would refrain from calling them gangs, but instead call them clubs...especially in their presence.
    • 1509 posts
    February 1, 2010 4:44 AM PST
    Never forget personal pretection at all times. What ever type you prefer, where ever you choose to keep it. do not forget it EVER!
  • g
    February 1, 2010 5:01 AM PST
    think if them guy were out in front i would find it hard not to show them the pipe ,wid love to do that ,lol
    • 513 posts
    February 1, 2010 6:20 AM PST
    g wrote...
    think if them guy were out in front i would find it hard not to show them the pipe ,wid love to do that ,lol

So you have never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley then! LOL! 

• g
    February 1, 2010 6:22 AM PST
    lol,ken ,ffs ,that's all some bad shite min .
  • g
    February 1, 2010 6:23 AM PST
    dont think id live long over in the states !
    • 513 posts
    February 1, 2010 6:49 AM PST
    g wrote...
    dont think id live long over in the states !

The first time I was over yonder I was warned to behave myself, because I might get taken up the wrong way.
    My sister was paranoid but as it happens everything was grand, they are just the same as us except they don't curse the way we do and they are allowed play with guns.

I better explain to our stateside cousins that we tend to use curses as adjectives in every day speech, so when it sounds like we hate each other we are actually being polite and when we call each other names it is usually just slagging. Think the commitments, Snatch and the Snapper.

I got a very funny look in a bar one night in Toronto when I asked a bloke "Hey bud, Pass the F**king salt will ye"...he passed the salt and I said "thanks a f**king lot!".  He asked me did I have a problem, sticking his chest out and drawing himself up to his full height, way taller than me, he looked at the other people I was with all laughing there asses off. One of my Canadian friends explained to him that this is the way his irish friends speak all the time. I got him a beer, the eternal peace maker, he sat with us for a while and within an hour he was speaking just like us and getting as drunk as we were. 
    We are a bit like the borg in star trek "resistance is futile" 

• g
    February 1, 2010 7:00 AM PST
    aye ,was not sure how folks wid take to me when i first came on ,us scottish n irish are the same ,all gid folks ,llf
    • 513 posts
    February 1, 2010 7:16 AM PST
    g wrote...
    aye ,was not sure how folks wid take to me when i first came on ,us scottish n irish are the same ,all gid folks ,llf

Except when we drink loads of whiskey and have just lost a football match and are in the same pub as the opposing supporters, then we may,just may not be the best people to be around.........hahaha

• g
    February 1, 2010 7:18 AM PST
    aye ,true lol
    • 513 posts
    February 1, 2010 7:24 AM PST

maybe a bit more like this lol
  • g
    February 1, 2010 7:33 AM PST
    LOVE THAT ,...GREAT .