Apehangers, Fishtails, Springers...Whats your idea of your '

• 58 posts
    September 5, 2010 4:54 PM PDT
    I think mine would just be a different bike for each day of the week...Fill the garage and the wife's car can sit outside on the drive.
    • 6 posts
    September 9, 2010 3:17 PM PDT
    Man, I really had to think long and hard about this.... Maybe a little too critical over a hypothetical question LOL. It's a good question, though, and an interesting one, because a guy's (or girl's) bike really profiles their personality. I'm a touring guy. I couldn't see myself on a chopper or sport bike (of any make); the bike I have is great. There's days I wish she was heavier and had more power.... but there's also days I'm so glad she fires up when it's 15 degrees outside and runs like she was made for it. Gotta hand it to Honda for making great engines.

HOWEVER, since that's not the real question.... I LOVE PANS. always have, always will. Half my beef is with NEW bikes of any kind. I don't like cars that think they're smarter than me, I ain't takin' lip from a bike with injection, computer, cruise, etc., blah blah blah. I want a BIKE! Low, heavy, lots of power, loud, but not obnoxiously so, I LOVE my ammo cans for saddle bags, so those would stay, tall police style windsheild, huge single saddle, front and rear crash bars, tinted amber driving lights, and the whole bike sprayed in flat green. Nothing really on her that isn't functional, 'cause at the end of the day, she's still made for the highway, and it's all business. A bike like that can be fixed anywhere with about anything, while the "breakdowns" might be more frequent, they're not usually a big deal.