Newbie with Helmet Problem

• 8 posts
    April 11, 2018 5:58 PM PDT

Hello guys,

I have this problem with my helmet where it's visor fogs up everytime. I've been using anti-fog spray but it doesn't last long. Need to re-apply it everyday. What are other remedy I should do to prevent my helmet from fogging? 

• 5417 posts
    April 12, 2018 5:21 AM PDT

Is it a full face or 3/4 helmet?

I have had that problem with a full face.  My helmt had air-flow vents on the top and if I opened them the fog problem would go away.

• 19007 posts
    April 12, 2018 5:37 AM PDT

Yep, you have to find some way to ventilate it, thus reducing the high humidity buildup caused by your exhaled breath.

• 8 posts
    April 16, 2018 6:10 PM PDT

Yes, I've been using a full face shark helmet. It really fogs up. Is it okay to drill a small hole in the visor to ventilate it? I think the air flow vent on my helmet doesn't work.

• 3006 posts
    April 16, 2018 9:31 PM PDT

Double check and make sure all the vents are open, on top of the helmet too.On my helmet, HJC, the top air flow vents look open,yet have to be slided open.Also make sure the vent at chin area is open if you have one.Maybe you could leave the shield open just a bit to let air in to clear it,I have had fogging problems in the rain on the freeway and just left my shield open enough to stop the fogging yet keep rain off my face.

Not sure about drilling holes,yet it might help.

stay safe & enjoy the ride

• 8 posts
    April 18, 2018 6:30 PM PDT

Thanks for your help. I really appreaciate it. I did try to keep my visor slighly open to prevent fogs and it works but the problem is the rain getting on my face. I'm considering to try some anti fog products for my visor, There might be some products out there I can choose from.

• 5417 posts
    April 23, 2018 9:46 AM PDT

[blockquote]Rina said:

Yes, I've been using a full face shark helmet. It really fogs up. Is it okay to drill a small hole in the visor to ventilate it? I think the air flow vent on my helmet doesn't work.

[/blockquote]

That might cause a wind or whistle noise.  

• 44 posts
    April 23, 2018 7:26 PM PDT
    Try doing a YouTube search for shaving cream on your face shield works great
    • 8 posts
    May 9, 2018 10:47 PM PDT

Thank you for your help. I already purchased a visor insert called WeePro, so far it works perfectly fine. :-D

This post was edited by Rina at May 14, 2018 7:02 PM PDT
    • 5 posts
    September 20, 2023 8:17 PM PDT

Get a modular helmet that flips up. https://valiantbiker.com/collections/modular-helmets