Full Face VS Open Face Motorcycle Helmet

• 22 posts
    May 1, 2019 7:58 AM PDT

Besides your safety, if you want to listen to music, you can use earplugs. I think it is always the best way when you are riding your motorcycle, and you listen to music. But custom earplugs give you complete safety from the sound of surroundings and music.

• 22 posts
    May 10, 2019 12:51 AM PDT

[blockquote]ryanstewart said:

I am considering to buy a new motorcycle helmet.
    I have heard multiple reasons why a full-face is worse than a open face helmet. Some of which are: You have limited visibility with the full-face.
    As for me, I have wrecked before and my head almost touched the ground while I used a open face helmet.So this time,I want to try Full Face Motorcycle Helmet.
    What do you think and any recommend?
    Any advise about this dot motorcycle helmet from hex auto parts? Not expensive but looks nice,just what I need.

https://www.hexautoparts.com/6-color-dot-motorcycle-helmets-dual-sport-flip-up-modular-motocross-full-face-helmet-for-sale-with-m-l-xl-size.html

Thanks in advance.

[/blockquote]

How was going everything if I buy an earplug beside's of a helmet? The helmet gives safety for my head, but custom earplugs protect my ear from the harmful sounds of a motorcycle.

• 22 posts
    May 15, 2019 12:36 AM PDT

It is your choice what you want to do? I say that you can take it because I always wear custom earplugs when I am going riding with my motorcycle.

• 22 posts
    May 18, 2019 10:45 AM PDT

A full face or half face helmet we need to wear when we riding a bike?

• 22 posts
    May 22, 2019 12:55 AM PDT

A full-face helmet gives more safety than a half face helmet. So don't give your mind to the rumors. Every people has their other own personality and choice. But you better understand your safety than others. I don't want to mean that people must use a full face helmet and it also depends on the weather too.

Thanks

• 22 posts
    May 26, 2019 10:40 PM PDT

[blockquote]panheadgeorge said:

I wear molded ear plugs for long distance on the highway. I can hear my motor better, no more wind in the ears. 

I don't like helmets or windshields.

When I have to, I wear a half helmet.

www.bigearinc.com ; They mold them in your ear. I found them at a bike show.

[/blockquote]

Hey, I agree with you. The www.bigearinc.com gives a variety of product for our ear. I love a kind of custom earplug when I riding I plug it in my ear and feeling better.

Thanks

• 31 posts
    June 11, 2019 12:11 PM PDT

In 78 at age 19 I had a Honda 350 scramble mom made us wear helmet they were really cap then a car pulled out in front of me at ground zero at 45mph I went down head busted the car and the pavement a couple times ,THE helmet was a rag you could fold it.I got dam lucky and walked away .something is better than   nothing     g.We lost Indian Larry doing a wheely that he was good at. With no healmet .the choice is your own gamble

• 4 posts
    July 11, 2019 9:37 AM PDT
    Full face helmets make me closterphobic and i preffer to look left or right when changing lanes and a full face henders that. I ride with a half helmet and always have. I have been hit twice, lucky both not major impact to the head.
    This post was edited by CursedSpirit at July 11, 2019 9:38 AM PDT