Going Home

• 1855 posts
    December 20, 2016 5:33 PM PST

Sounds like a wonderful place EW. Waiting for closing can just about drive a person up the wall.  

Peace

• December 21, 2016 4:38 AM PST

Had a house built once back in Texas, and being the quality nosely type person I am I was out there ever day after work to check progress. This was back in the day when we had to dress up at work and wear a tie. I noticed most of the time no one was working on the project. The Supervisor finally told me my house would never get finished if I kept showing up, as the workers belived I worked for ICE.(Immigration and Customs Enforcement) and would leave when I showed up. The entire project seem to take forever and closing like you have said was a huge pain in the ass.

Think there will be no more house building in my future now.

Hang in there guys it will happen...........eventully.

Stay safe

Night Dragon

• 1855 posts
    December 26, 2016 2:01 PM PST

O.K. we are all packed and there's not much more to do except wait for the movers and then we'll take it from there. Gypsy has nothing to do and it's killing her to be idle.  So, I decided that she can start taking out the trash.  LOL

Our 1-1/2 year old T.V. went on the fritz.  I never buy an extended warranty on anything but Gypsy pulled out the receipt with the extended warranty.  She's so good!!!  After trouble shooting over the phone Hitachi decided that they would send us a new T.V.  Problem?  Not sure.  When?  Where?  Not sure of any of that.  Hopefully it will be settled before we move.  Think positive.  I'm trying to.

• December 27, 2016 5:16 AM PST

[blockquote]Jimmyacorn said:

O.K. we are all packed and there's not much more to do except wait for the movers and then we'll take it from there. Gypsy has nothing to do and it's killing her to be idle.  So, I decided that she can start taking out the trash.  LOL

Our 1-1/2 year old T.V. went on the fritz.  I never buy an extended warranty on anything but Gypsy pulled out the receipt with the extended warranty.  She's so good!!!  After trouble shooting over the phone Hitachi decided that they would send us a new T.V.  Problem?  Not sure.  When?  Where?  Not sure of any of that.  Hopefully it will be settled before we move.  Think positive.  I'm trying to.

[/blockquote]

Doc I've had the Misses pull me out of the Mud more than once. Sometimes it scares me how dangerous I would be without her....LOL

Night Dragon

• 1855 posts
    December 27, 2016 4:48 PM PST

I gotta say.  I've never, ever had something go so easily over the phone. I received two emails after our phone call about the T.V.  First email wanted to confirm my address so they could send me a NEW T.V.     It was to arrive in 7-10 days.  I won't be here but they agreed in the second email that they would send it in 15 days when I will be here. I originally bought the T.V. at Sam's.  But it was the warranty company, not Sam's or the T.V. manufacturer, that handled everything.   Optimism again!!!!!!!!!

• December 28, 2016 5:19 AM PST

[blockquote]Jimmyacorn said:

I gotta say.  I've never, ever had something go so easily over the phone. I received two emails after our phone call about the T.V.  First email wanted to confirm my address so they could send me a NEW T.V.     It was to arrive in 7-10 days.  I won't be here but they agreed in the second email that they would send it in 15 days when I will be here. I originally bought the T.V. at Sam's.  But it was the warranty company, not Sam's or the T.V. manufacturer, that handled everything.   Optimism again!!!!!!!!! 

[/blockquote]

Oh Brother I know what you mean....I had to call Medicare (GOVERNMENT) the other day as they refused to pay some Medical service. My first througt was Oh hell I will be on the phone all morning with these clowns. I said a little prayer before the call and the entire call was smooth as silk, and they admitted there mistake. Doc there is always hope.

Enjoy the new digs and be safe.........Night Dragon

• 1855 posts
    January 1, 2017 3:28 AM PST

Rented a covered 9x6 uhaul trailer for my Heritage. It's loaded and my truck is loaded.  Heading out today for our first load back to Ohio, drop off the Heritage at the HD shop and unload a few things at the new place. Then head back and wait for the movers and then clean this house, load up my shovel in my trailer, and hopefully make our last run north mid-January.  

It's storming, lightning, rain, thunder right now and it's suppose to rain all the freaking way, which seems to be par for the course at least here in Alabama.  Thankfully there's not suppose to be nasty winter weather on the way.

And what the hell happened to Ohio State!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3006 posts
    January 10, 2017 11:35 AM PST

Hope the move is going well, with all this wild weather lately I was wondering how it went?

Stay safe & enjoy the ride !

• 1855 posts
    January 11, 2017 8:04 AM PST

Well I was wrong about the nasty weather.  Just outside of Birmingham on the way back to Alabama we sat for 2-1/2 hours in traffic....well not exactly "traffic" since it wasn't moving.  Heading back to Ohio on January 17th and guess what.....it's suppose to rain all the way and I can only hope the temperature doesn't drop below freezing along the way. Originally being from upstate N.Y. I could handle it but I'm not so sure other drivers will be able to do so.

• 19007 posts
    January 12, 2017 6:28 AM PST

Wishing for a good turn....And I don't envy the trip.

• January 14, 2017 6:29 AM PST

Doc here's praying the rain is warm and very little of it. Take is slow, enjoy the drive, and check your 6 oclock often. 

I saw in the news in utah a semi ran a snow plow off the road and down a 300 foot embankment.

Man watch out for the other guy

Night Dragon

• 1855 posts
    January 15, 2017 9:06 AM PST

[blockquote]NightDragon said:

Doc here's praying the rain is warm and very little of it. Take is slow, enjoy the drive, and check your 6 oclock often. 

I saw in the news in utah a semi ran a snow plow off the road and down a 300 foot embankment.

Man watch out for the other guy

Night Dragon

[/blockquote]

One tip to pass on; watch your six.  Somehing I've always done; clear distance for and escap route ahead and watching the rear view.  Thanks ND.  This is my last post from Alabama.  Shutting PC and wifi down and packing 'em up.  I'll catch up with ya'll.  And no sweat..............I'll make it home.

• 3006 posts
    January 18, 2017 10:21 AM PST

Happy to hear that you have the move pretty much completed.At least the weather held up for you somewhat.Out here we have been getting rained on constant like,had a short break n it's back to the wet again today.

How is the new place working out?

Stay safe & enjoy the ride