Newbie from W WA

• 1 posts
    July 4, 2016 1:42 PM PDT

Hey, there!

I'm getting a late start, too, and am looking for some info/advice/mentoring.  

I moved to a W WA from So Cal a couple of years ago, without knowing a soul, and am wanting to get back into riding. After having been a passenger for the last several years, now that I am on my own, I am having trouble getting into the life. I am taking MSF classes soon, and will likely be getting my own bike (I prefer being the passenger, but not knowing anyone around here makes that virtually impossible!).  I am not sure what my next step should be, since I don't have a network here, and don't think it is wise to ride alone.  

Can anyone offer suggestions as to how I should best get back into this life? I have missed it so!

Any advise is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

• 1855 posts
    July 4, 2016 2:57 PM PDT

ABATE and welcome to CycleFish

• 16825 posts
    July 4, 2016 4:19 PM PDT

Hello from the cloudy Pennsylvania shores of Lake Erie.

• 5 posts
    July 4, 2016 6:25 PM PDT

Welcome, just start riding and you will have many new friends

• 19034 posts
    July 5, 2016 3:36 AM PDT

Agree with Jimmy, ABATE and...

Welcome from the At-Large member (currently in Terlingua, TX) to the Best Damned Family Friendly Biker site on the entire web.

• 0 posts
    July 7, 2016 3:54 PM PDT

Welcome Carol.

There are lots of groups in the area, some bike specific and some not. Just get out and introduce yourself.

Also, there are a lot of meetup groups in the seattle area.  (meetup.com and search motorcycles)

I am sure you will something you like.

GaryTJ

Lynnwood, Wa