NEW CYCLEFISH WEBSITE - INFO & BUG REPORTS

• 5419 posts
    June 2, 2016 3:08 AM PDT

IT IS FINALLY HERE!!!!

After months and months of planning, programming and testing as you see the initial version of the ALL NEW CycleFish.com website is up and running!  I say initial version because our primary goal was to get all of the most used features working and all existing data transferred over.  Now that the site is running on the new platform that allows so many more features will will be adding LOTS of new and cool stuff very soon.

Please reply to this forum topic to let us know of any bugs, ask any questions or make any suggestions.

Here are the issues we already know about and are working on...

1. Videos Missing - We are working on adding a new Video Upload area and transferring all the videos from the old site over
    2. Classified Ads Missing - We are working on a better classified section.  Since most items from the old site will most likely be sold before this is complete, we will start fresh with no classified ads transferred
    3. Store Front (Vendor Row) Missing - We are working on a completely new, more robust store application
    4. Browse Lattest Forum Posts - Currently available but does not work that well.  This will be fixed very quickly
    5. Chat Missing - Will be back soon

There are probably more but I can't think of them now. 

Again, please reply to this forum topic to let us know of any bugs, ask any questions or make any suggestions.

This post was edited by Lucky at June 2, 2016 7:48 AM PDT
    • 1 posts
    June 2, 2016 9:40 PM PDT

Where did the chat feature go there were some of us that met here every night to talk like you would at the local biker bar can we get that back please

• 3006 posts
    June 5, 2016 1:58 PM PDT

I don't see any recent blogs from CF people or posted replies? I do see some older posts from way back.

• 5419 posts
    June 5, 2016 8:41 PM PDT

Reaper - Sorry to say but chat may take a while.  That is a pretty large undertaking that wasn't included in the first round of programming because it was one of the least used areas of the site.  It will be back, I just tell you exactly when.

Blurplebuzz - All blogs are there and can be viewed via the users profile page, they are just not showing up in the main Blog listings because of a slight bug.  I sent a message to one of the programmers, but they may not see it until the morning.

• 34 posts
    June 14, 2016 5:14 PM PDT

Ever work your ass off on something and only get negative responses when finished

• 3006 posts
    June 18, 2016 9:49 PM PDT

Thanks Lucky for all the hard work.The site is already easier to use.

I noticed that when reading blog response's they are not being displyed in full,the end of a couple posts/replies are cut short?

• 5419 posts
    August 30, 2016 12:13 PM PDT

I know it has been quite a while since we started this upgrade, but trust me it was a long and time consuming task to get the site first running on the lastest and greatest platform and get all of the background bugs worked out so we can move forward with all the exciting new stuff we have planned.

Well I am happy to report everything is now 100% in order and we moved to our new bigger and more powerfull servers last night - although it took 11 hours vs the 3.5 hours we had planned.

So starting this week we can bring back some of the missing stuff (i.e. videos, classified, etc) and move on to adding the new REALLY COOL STUFF!!!

• 16795 posts
    August 30, 2016 6:32 PM PDT

COOL!

• 19007 posts
    September 2, 2016 2:54 AM PDT

• 5419 posts
    September 8, 2016 8:25 AM PDT

The VIDEO feature is back and available on the Main Menu (up top).  You can now upload videos from your computer or share videos from YouTube and Vimeo.

• 5419 posts
    October 7, 2016 12:40 PM PDT

We received lots of requests to increase the size of the photos in the What's New (recent activity) section.  As you can see we did!!!

We also made it so when you click to view a photo(s) that they open in a pop-up that you can view the photo and then close leaving you right where you were viewing originally.

• 19007 posts
    October 8, 2016 7:18 AM PDT

• 3 posts
    July 12, 2019 12:13 PM PDT

SAVE Button - Been trying to get some of my pics and videos into albums on here & only have managed to get pics on profile and garge albums. Tried to create an album and there is not a "save" button on the bottom. Is there a "probationary period" to see if a noOb is an asshole?

This post was edited by JerseyShoreJim at July 12, 2019 12:15 PM PDT
    • 19007 posts
    July 16, 2019 4:45 AM PDT

[blockquote]JerseyShoreJim said:

SAVE Button - Been trying to get some of my pics and videos into albums on here & only have managed to get pics on profile and garge albums. Tried to create an album and there is not a "save" button on the bottom. Is there a "probationary period" to see if a noOb is an asshole?

[/blockquote]

There is a problem there...I'll send a message to Lucky

• 5419 posts
    July 17, 2019 8:52 AM PDT

Looking into it.

• 5419 posts
    July 17, 2019 9:41 AM PDT

I see the problem.  Our system uses Adobe Flash to upload photos.  Some browser updates may have automatically blocked the flash uploader so it has to be manually accepted by the user.

When you go to the Photo Upload page you will see an Adobe Flash icon in the upper left corner of the screen (looks like a puzzel piece).  Click that and select allow Adobe Flash and all should work fine.

I am looking into it further to see if there is anything we can do on our end.

• 3 posts
    July 17, 2019 6:15 PM PDT

WORKS !!! Thanks !!! maybe put up a sticky of your reply and a small screen shot of the Adobe "puzzle piece".   title : Can't upload pictures to albums .. or somptin similar.. 

(p.s. ya dun openz up da flood gates, matey ... got a ... few .... biker related albums to post...hee,hee,hee...)