CF Intruders

• 5420 posts
    April 15, 2016 4:53 AM PDT
    Recently we have had a few people get on to our site and send out spam and BS messages to our users.  Although inconvenient, this is NOT hacking and does NOT put any of your personal information at risk. We have a system that allows users to sign up for free and to freely communicate with our other users.  Anytime you have a system like that you are susceptible to users abusing that open communication.  EACH & EVERY time this happens we IMMEDIATELY delete the messages, ban the user and work to find new ways to stop it without inhibiting the open communication between our good users.  From what I have read and heard from other site owners, the occurrence of this here on CycleFish is FAR lower than on almost every other free social network.

Without invading our users privacy by reading or analyzing messages or delaying the sending of messages, the only way for us to learn of these bad messages being sent is for our users to notify us when they see them.  If you do get one of these BS messages, simply click on the senders name and then click Report This User under the user photo on their profile page.  We will immediately delete all messages they sent and ban the user.

And just to be clear, CycleFish.com has NEVER BEEN HACKED IN ANY WAY SHAPE MANOR OR FORM and no one on CycleFish has EVER had private information exposed because of our site. We will continue to do everything possible to ensure it never does happen.

Security has always been a number one priority here at CycleFish and we spend a good deal of money and resources to ensure that it is always at the highest level possible. 

As you may have heard we are also working on a completely new version of the CycleFish website and that - NOT ANY TYPE OF HACKING -  is what has been causing some of the other issues on the site... like it acting slow or even becoming unavailable for short periods of time.  We try to keep this to an absolute minimum during this process, however sometimes we do unintentionally slow down the current site when it becomes necessary to tie the new site to our existing data for testing.  

I just want to reiterate that the CycleFish.com website has NEVER had any type of issue that would put any personal data at risk.

• April 15, 2016 6:31 AM PDT
    Thank you for the reassurance that CycleFish.com has never been hacked. The only thing that has happened to me is I receive emails every now and then telling me someone has sent me a message, and when I log in there are no new messages. To be safe though, I never click on the link in the email. I go directly to the CycleFish.com website and log in there.

Have a Blessed Day!
    • 84 posts
    April 15, 2016 7:00 AM PDT
    Wow, the entire thread Jimmy started about this disappeared along with everybodys post on the subject. Talk about getting hacked?
    • 5420 posts
    April 15, 2016 7:11 AM PDT
    FREE2BMEEEEE wrote...
    Thank you for the reassurance that CycleFish.com has never been hacked. The only thing that has happened to me is I receive emails every now and then telling me someone has sent me a message, and when I log in there are no new messages. To be safe though, I never click on the link in the email. I go directly to the CycleFish.com website and log in there.

Have a Blessed Day!

When you get those notices that you have a message and then there isn't one it is because the message was identified as spam or BS and deleted, but of course there is no way to recall the notification email sent to you.

• April 15, 2016 7:41 AM PDT
     ah ha......good to know. Thank you for the clarification. 
  • April 15, 2016 9:18 AM PDT
    Thanks lucky for the hard work you an the crew do here on the site I THINK more of how not to get Shot then I do being hacked been three random shooting at gas stations in T town recently that's Tuscaloosa AL so now I carry my 45 everywhere I go now that's my FIREWALL thanks again an have a great weekend