2001 Dyna Wide Glide Alarm Issues

• March 27, 2016 1:23 PM PDT
    Having some alarm issues on a 2001 Dyna wide glide. The alam will go off if the battery is connected no matter what position the ignition switch is in.. off, on, acc... does not matter the thing is ear peircing. Now if I take the inline fuse out of the alarm power wire, It will only go off if the thumb switch is turned to the run position. Either way the bike will not run. It will turn over but will not start. It did this to me when I first got the bike home and put a new battery on it, I also changed out the battery in the fob and still nothing.. I really cant get the fob to do anything other than make the little red light go off when you push the button. I some how pushed enough buttons and turned the switch off and on enough to get it to start and run. Went out riding and everything.. No issues, then let it sit for a bit and the battery died and now Im back to square one. If anyone has anything that can help me out. Thanks in advance.
    • 19007 posts
    March 27, 2016 10:19 PM PDT
    WOW wish I had more expertise...good schematics and eliminate things in the circuit one at a time would be my plan.
  • March 28, 2016 12:42 AM PDT
    you mostly likely have a faulty censor head to the dealership for a replacement
    • 1 posts
    March 28, 2016 2:47 AM PDT
    Well if you went our riding and then let it sit and the battery went dead, sounds like you have something going on but without being able to test it is real hard to say what.

When yo got it started for the ride were you able to turn it off and restart it before the battery died.