Handgun

• February 22, 2016 8:23 AM PST
     How to carry handgun with permit but through states that do not honor your state of issue of your permit.
  • February 22, 2016 11:34 AM PST
    Very Carefully I carry a subcompact 9mm in my boot an I ware Harness Boots when detected by a metal detector I showed them the ring on the Harness part of boot an walked on in GOT TO BE COOL NOT Guilty
    • 4 posts
    February 22, 2016 4:43 PM PST
    lf you arent licensed in that State,
    Then the State's Statutes regarding transportation and/or storage of firearms & ammunition would be enforced...
    • 19007 posts
    February 22, 2016 6:49 PM PST
    Very Carefully...Know the laws...search the internet for info...here is one site that can help but there are many more.

smartgunlaws.org/open-carrying-policy-summary/
    • 57 posts
    February 22, 2016 9:20 PM PST
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Very Carefully...Know the laws...search the internet for info...here is one site that can help but there are many more.

smartgunlaws.org/open-carrying-policy-summary/

As Rex mentioned there are many internet sites with state by state info regarding firearm transportation but they are changing very rapidly,I Call the
    State Police HQ in the states I will be traveling and ask where to find the most current info.What I have found in most cases generally consists of Firearm must be unloaded and cased and  ammo or magazines cannot be readily accessable which can be a little tricky on a motorcycle,I know of of several people that travel without the proper paper work and have never had a problem BUT crossing State lines  with a loaded firearm is a Felony in most if not all states if you do not have your permits in order,All it takes is another Barney Fife type cop stopping a biker.  

• 1855 posts
    February 23, 2016 12:46 AM PST
    Stay the hell out of N.Y.
    • 1855 posts
    February 23, 2016 4:05 AM PST
    Cunningman69 wrote...
    lf you arent licensed in that State,
    Then the State's Statutes regarding transportation and/or storage of firearms & ammunition would be enforced...

That's not necessarilly true anymore.  Illinois has decided not to waste the time and money to prosecute people passing through if they have an out of state permit.  While Illinois does have such transportation and storage laws on the books there is more consideration given to those with out of state permits. Illinois carry laws are only a couple of years old and they are constantly changing.  Be that as it may, there are still LEO's who consider bikers a menace and will jump at the chance to harass.

• 16795 posts
    February 23, 2016 5:58 AM PST
    Jimmyacorn wrote...

• 19007 posts
    February 29, 2016 8:01 PM PST
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    Jimmyacorn wrote...

• March 1, 2016 2:58 AM PST
    Once you have your gun permit in your home state it is easy to get your out of state permit. You must contact local law enforcement and they will e-mail you the forms you need to carry in their state. It has taken up to 6 weeks, so make sure you file way ahead of your trip.

Better to have it and not need it, than not have and need it. Get your permits!
    • 1364 posts
    March 1, 2016 10:58 PM PST
    I took a training course and after that I was able to get Utah and Oregon permits to go along with my Washington State canceled carry permit
    • 1855 posts
    March 2, 2016 1:41 AM PST
    I have Ohio, Florida, and Alabama. The Ohio permit is good until it expires. But since I moved out of Ohio they told me I can't renew it because I'm no longer a resident. I think I'll be checking further into that one.

It's ironic that illegal immigrants can get just about everything they ask for here in this country but I can't have a driver's license in more than one state. Moving to Alabama I had to relinquish my Ohio driver's license. It's no big deal really just a thing.
    • 16795 posts
    March 2, 2016 6:20 AM PST
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    I have Ohio, Florida, and Alabama. The Ohio permit is good until it expires. But since I moved out of Ohio they told me I can't renew it because I'm no longer a resident. I think I'll be checking further into that one.

It's ironic that illegal immigrants can get just about everything they ask for here in this country but I can't have a driver's license in more than one state. Moving to Alabama I had to relinquish my Ohio driver's license. It's no big deal really just a thing.

If things go wrong in November it will get ten times worse.

• 7 posts
    June 10, 2017 6:31 PM PDT

"Once you have your gun permit in your home state it is easy to get your out of state permit." Absolutley false! WHile it may work with some particular State, as a general rule this will not fly!

"You must contact local law enforcement and they will e-mail you the forms you need to carry in their state."Also completely false. O know of no state that law enforcement will send an emailed form to an individual.  Some have web sites withthe form, but tha tis different.

"It has taken up to 6 weeks, so make sure you file way ahead of your trip."  This is a glittering generality that is generally not the case. If there is any truth to any of the assertios made her then name the state and back it up with some specifics.

• June 11, 2017 4:28 AM PDT

Just remember when your riding everyone expecially the Police will PROFILE you as a bad person. OF Course there are exceptions but bottom line be careful carring and riding.

Night Dragon