Boondocking

• 4 posts
    December 28, 2015 12:39 AM PST
     Hello. Noob to site. Been riding since age 4. I am at a place in life where i no longer have anything tying me down. I have decided its time to explore the States. Always wanted to see more of this Country....so I got me a lil Tag A Long trailer from Harbor Freight and I have finished the mods it needed and am done stocking camping gear. 
    April 2016, Im hitting the road. Gonna visit my grandsons in KC then go see my father in Wis. Next up i am doing a ride around Lake Mich to visit my mid daughter in Kalamazoo....then wander round the States. Moving every cpl of weeks to a new spot/state. Travel only on secondary roads and keep moving runs down to nice weather travel and no Iron Ass runs-unless necessary for emergency of a wild hair...
    Im excited bout finally doing this. A bonus has been some of the new camping items im discovering. Should be fun. I plan on doing this for at least a couple of years...maybe more. 
    Just wondering if any others on here are living as Nomads...I hope to see you on the road soon.
    • 19037 posts
    December 28, 2015 12:44 AM PST
    Awesome way to do it...Keep us informed

• 4 posts
    December 28, 2015 1:16 AM PST
    Thanks.
    I will keep you abreast of my travels and travails. Im still not sure where I will be wintering after this one...possibly Fla not sure yet. But I am planning on wintering with my youngest up in Alaska for the 2017-2018 winter-they have a room waiting and I have been informed that the greenhouse is up and functioning! (My daily chore whilst Im there is to play with the dogs and help in the greenhouse!). Right up my ally! And they have 6 dogs that are just a Hoot.
  • December 30, 2015 12:53 AM PST
    Go for it Brother and enjoy
    Welcome to the site from East Tennessee Home of the Tail of the Dragon
    Night Dragon
    • 4 posts
    December 30, 2015 1:51 AM PST
    @Night Dragon
    Thanks!
    I have plans to visit your area in 2016. I have wanted to do the Tail and Im looking at your JuneBug!!
    Keep your eyes open for a beat up ol man on a beat up ol Wing with Wis plates pulling a lil trailer...id be tickled to buy ya a beverage!

(Ohh and congrats on your new Xmas Toy-I think youd like my 1911)