Handgun Review

• December 24, 2015 4:31 AM PST
     Wanted to review my Christmas Present, because I believe this gun is well worth talking about.
    First let me say I'm a huge fan of 45 ACP, however the ammo for that gun is not plinking friendly, so I was looking for a 9 mm to dial in my shootings skills with for a modest price relative to the ammo. I researched 9mm handguns in a modest price range, and there are several to choose from. I finally narrowed it down to a gun made in Turkey from a company called Sarsilmaz or SARARMS. This company makes several models, however I chose the SAR Hawk B6, which is a CZ-75 clone. It has a 4.5 inch barrel with a 8.1 inch over all measurement, useing a 16+1 magazine. The gun MSRP's for $575.00 however you can find them much cheeper on Gun Broker.com. I paid $295.oo for a brand new Sar in the box with papers, lock, cleaning tools which is normal stuff you get with most handguns. I just put 65 rounds of Blazer 115 Grain FMJ through it and the gun is deadly accurate. It actually makes me look like a crack shot...LOL. I purchased 115 grain Federal Hollow points to carry as persoanl protection.
    So if you are looking for a handgun that won't break the bank I would highly consider this gun.
    Added info: This gun is very well made, tight, easy to rack, mag insearts, and falls well. It has great sights. The only difference that might take some getting use to is the safety. This gun is safe in the DOWN position instead of the UP position, as it seems all other guns are just backwards to that.
    The slide is on the inside of the frame as oppose to most being on the outside of the frame. Not a big deal to me.

Everyone be safe and enjoy the Holidays

Kenny
    Night Dragon

• 1855 posts
    December 24, 2015 5:21 AM PST
    Strikingly familiar.   Here's my personal carry.
    • 57 posts
    December 24, 2015 7:36 AM PST
    That's my kind of toys, I must be on the naughty list this year. Hahaha
    • 16825 posts
    December 25, 2015 10:57 AM PST
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    Strikingly familiar.   Here's my personal carry.

Not only do we own the same model pistol, but we even have the same aftermarket grips.

• 4 posts
    December 28, 2015 12:01 AM PST
    Turkish guns are gaining in popularity...mostly due to low prices. But facts are facts, they ARE Quality firearms. A good example is the Huglu line of shotguns. Enjoy and be safe.
    • 1161 posts
    February 14, 2016 3:48 AM PST
    My EDC is my S&W M&P 9mm  I got it for a steal just under $400.  It was used (Less then 1 month) but it looked brand new from the local gun shop here in town.  And they sold it to the guy that sold it back to them because his other half was upset because she was sopose to get her handgun next.  So he did a trade in and got her the pink one she wanted a Snub nosed 38 Special.  

I got my sister her own gun this year, TAURUS .38 SPECIAL +P.