Looking for a Hog Hunt Location

• December 18, 2015 1:50 AM PST
     Last march I drove back to Texas to do a little Hog Hunting, and brought back two 100 pounds Sows. That's quite a drive from Tennessee, and 2016  I would perfer to maybe stay a little closer to home. The problem around East Tennessee is either ya need to know someone (which I don't) who owns property with Hogs or you go out of state. You can't hunt in the National Forest here, and the Tennessee Game Service has some strange rule's on hunting them anyway. I wouldn't mine driving to Georga, North / South Carolina or Kentucky, so if there is anyone out there from those states that might have a hook up on hunting the critters maybe you could drop me a line.

Thanks everyone, and have a safe holiday season

Pray for our Nation
    Night Dragon
    • 57 posts
    December 18, 2015 11:41 PM PST
    ND I haven't hog hunted the S/E in over 10 years simply because of the money they want,pig and gator hunting has gotten too popular.If it wasn't for a friend with his own place in Texas i probably wouldn't go at all.Hopefully you can find some place reasonable. Several guys here go with Woods and Waters in Ga. or Osceola Outfitters in Fl.
  • December 19, 2015 9:52 AM PST
    Thanks Rich I will check out these places.
    Be safe and have a Great Holiday season
    Night Dragon
  • December 20, 2015 12:36 AM PST
    Hey Rich (Hunter 55) just spent some time on the internet looking for Southern Hog hunting places, including Woods and Waters, and man were you correct about prices. Give or take $100 you can expect to pay anywhere from $350 to $1,200 bucks to hunt hogs in the South, and that may or may not include meals and lodging. Sometimes that only includes one hog a day. Well guess it would be cheaper to take the drive back to Texas.
    Still looking for anyone that might have a personal hook up.
    Thanks for any input.
    Be safe and enjoy the Holiday Season
    Night Dragon
    • 5419 posts
    December 20, 2015 2:13 AM PST
    Used to do a lot of hog hunting in Florida, but that was back when I lived there in the late 70s - early 80s. I talk to my friends still down that way and the hunting is still good, but expensive in most places.
    • 57 posts
    December 20, 2015 9:45 PM PST
    NightDragon, Yep $350 is a day hunt and they tell you to bring plenty of water and your lunch and you hope to see something bigger than a piglet,as much damage as they do to food plots and crop fields I would think they would do everything possible to get rid of them.Thanks you have Happy Holiday season as well
  • December 21, 2015 12:24 AM PST
    Well at least the Government hasn't started telling us how many hogs we can hunt and taxing us for that hunt. Did that sound Cynical.......Good I meant it that way, but that's another topic.
    Happy Holidays
    Night Dragon