Just so everyone knows

• 1855 posts
    October 27, 2015 2:39 PM PDT
    "Jimmyacorn" is NOT my name; not even close.   It's just a forum handle.  It seems there are too many "Doc's" on the WWW so I can't use the handle I've gone by for decades.  Just so's ya'll know.
    • 5419 posts
    October 27, 2015 3:31 PM PDT
    Yeah Doc, but I still gonna call you Jimmy since it was a year or so before I found out that wasn't your name :-)
    • 57 posts
    October 27, 2015 11:54 PM PDT
    Whaaaaaattt????? I guess that explains why i can't find Jimmyacorn in the AL.phone directory,My name really is

Hunter55 Hahaha
    • 19007 posts
    October 28, 2015 1:16 AM PDT
    Wow so Depressed I am....ha
    • 16795 posts
    October 28, 2015 7:52 AM PDT
    Too much enlightenment today, I need my meds! ;-)
    • 1516 posts
    October 30, 2015 6:24 AM PDT
    Once you get to know someone as one name it is confusing to change, when we went to Sturgis we met up with people that we had called by their handles for sometime, then had to change it to their face.. it was confusing... special with Boof, Gary, I mean Gus...lol
    • 1855 posts
    October 30, 2015 7:39 AM PDT
    DebraJo wrote...
    Once you get to know someone as one name it is confusing to change, when we went to Sturgis we met up with people that we had called by their handles for sometime, then had to change it to their face.. it was confusing... special with Boof, Gary, I mean Gus...lol

Yeah, I get that.  I'm pretty sure I don't know half the club brothers real names.  I don't mind ya'll calling me Jimmy on the forum here; just thought I'd mention it is all.  Real life it's "Doc" for the last 40 years to friends.  Parents always called me by my middle name for some (Hillbilly) reason so I went by that.  Legal stuff like VA, insurances, licenses, etc., I signed first name and middle initial.   My first name is David and I never, ever have gone by that name until we bought this home here in Alabama and signed up for all the utilities and such.  I use to tell people that if anyone asks for 'David' it's either a bill collector or a cop but now I can't say that.  Everyone down here calls me David except the friends I've had here for years.  Actually folks here call me mister David; seems they preface everyone's first name with either mister or miss. I kind of like it really.  It seems respectful as well as personal and I'm gettin' the hang of it.....Miss DebraJo

• 57 posts
    October 31, 2015 5:04 AM PDT
    You don't have to call me Mister,Mister but it is kinda neat how they do that down south,and yes it is a Hillbilly thang how my family still uses my first and middle names whenever talking to or about me,i guess there were just too many Richards in the family,enjoy the feeling of respect Doc Im sure you deserve it.
    • 1 posts
    November 1, 2015 7:45 AM PST
    okay so JimmyDocAcorn, kind of has a ring to it,lol. Also so you know my real name is not Bitchy... But a lot of my friends call me that, lol.

I have always liked the souths way of putting Mister or Miss in front of your proper name. My first trip down south all the kids kept doing that and I would would tell them you can call me by my first name. They would so politely go okay Miss Gina. I know they had to be think is she dumb we have been calling her by her name.
    • 58 posts
    November 1, 2015 9:00 AM PST
    on the other hand, my wife's cousins moved up north from TX back in the '70's. The boys were constantly getting in trouble for supposedly calling the teacher a whore. Every time they answered a question, it was "yes, Ma'am or no, Ma'am".
  • November 1, 2015 11:03 AM PST
    Well I can't speak for any of the other "Docs", but my handle comes from the fact that I used to (retired now) fix computers, so I became PC Doc. Funny thing about the mister title ... I lived in Long Island NY for the last 30 years and a lot of people at work used to call me "mister" Fred, so I don't think it's just a southern thing.

Now I'm retired and living in southern Utah I guess I could drop the handle, but I've had it so long it just kinda stuck to me.