New Helmet

• October 3, 2015 1:22 AM PDT
    so my Husband and I were in Galena for the weekend and wee looked at helmets! I understand some states are required but why does the helmet have to be so ugly??? he bought me one online hopefully it will look halfway decent on me lol!
    • 57 posts
    October 3, 2015 10:11 AM PDT
    Post a picture of yourself and a few helmets then we can help decide which one looks best.
    • 19004 posts
    October 4, 2015 2:00 AM PDT
    This is meant in sincerity and not as criticism. IF you wear a helmet, it is a safety device. How it looks is of little importance. How it works is utmost. DO NOT have concern how you perceive it looks on you because if you ride you already look good! I personally do not wear a helmet when I am not forced to by statute, but I do have a good, albeit dorky, one for those occasions.
    • 10 posts
    October 4, 2015 5:05 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    This is meant in sincerity and not as criticism. IF you wear a helmet, it is a safety device. How it looks is of little importance. How it works is utmost. DO NOT have concern how you perceive it looks on you because if you ride you already look good! I personally do not wear a helmet when I am not forced to by statute, but I do have a good, albeit dorky, one for those occasions.

Rex said it all ...

• 5417 posts
    October 4, 2015 5:20 AM PDT
    Yep. After our accident we made the decision to go from 1/2 helmets to 3/4 helmets and yes they look dorky. I did try to find the 'better' looking one out of all the ones that met the safety requirements I was looking for, but I still look like The Great Gazoo and don't care :-)
    • 3006 posts
    October 5, 2015 5:07 AM PDT
    A few years back I decided to chuck the half helmet for good after taking a bee in the face. Now I ride with a full face 24/7 and really don't care what people think of my "cool factor". It gives me the protection from the elements & some sense of safety while I am riding along side of about every tourist in the world. We get a whole bunch of them every summer in spades!!!

stay safe & enjoy the ride!!!
    • 58 posts
    October 5, 2015 5:52 AM PDT
    Momma wears an open face (GMAX 67) and I wear a full face modular (Nolan N-104).  I am waiting until this winter to replace my half helm with a Bell Pit Boss.