Anyone Use Quick disconnect fuel line/hose ?

• 3006 posts
    August 12, 2015 6:33 AM PDT
     Currently working on my scoot and I have seen some quick disconnect fuel line hose options on sale.
    Looking for some feedback if they are reliable,work okay and recommended brand if any.

While working on my ride,they often call for removal of the gas tank,and yanking off the fuel lines is a major PIA
    after doing this about 4 times I realize life would be a lot simpler if there was a better disconnect/connection availble worth using.

Thanks in advance
    Stay Safe & Enjoy The Ride !!!
    • 1855 posts
    August 13, 2015 1:02 AM PDT
    I don't do any work at all on my 2012 Heritage. I think it would be a real PIA (like you said) to have to mess with all that electronic BS. However, I did put an inline shutoff valve just under the tanks on my shovelhead. That works pretty well.
    • 5420 posts
    August 13, 2015 4:05 AM PDT
    Sounds like if you are going to be removing the fuel tank a lot, a quick disconnect may be the way to go. I never personally used one on a bike, but did have one on a sand buggy because I had to remove the fuel tank to get at anything on the motor. I got one from a marine supply store - most small boats use quick disconnect so you can take the fuel tank off to fill. It was the plastic type, but I know there are aluminum ones out there to. They are very small and should fit on the bike (about twice the diameter of the hose and 1 1/2" long). Never had even a drip of gas leak from the connection.

Important tips... be sure to get the kind that auto seal on disconnect, some are 'straight through' connections and do not seal on disconnect. Also be sure to install it with the female end toward the supply. Only the female end seals when disconnected.
    • 3006 posts
    August 13, 2015 4:03 PM PDT
    Thank you Lucky & Jimmy for the info,it is very much appreciated !!!

I have little to no patience when dealing with stubborn fuel lines !!!
    The reason I do a lot of the work on my ride is no money for pricey shop mechanics.
    Its a bummer to some degree yet at the same time I draw a certain satisfaction from learning how to
    work on my own ride and seeing that I can repair more than I imagined possible 14 years ago when I bought it.