Here they Come, Electric Street Bikes

• 19007 posts
    • 9 posts
    August 7, 2015 5:19 PM PDT
    If I wanted ELECTRIC...I'd stick my finger in a SOCKET. lol

• 3006 posts
    August 8, 2015 1:16 PM PDT
    The younger riders will be looking hard at picking one of these up. there is a market for them,and once the price starts to come down a more attractive choice.

Looks like Victory & Co are trying to stay ahead of the curve. Harley will soon follow suit and they already have done a lot of the groundwork with their own electric prototypes.

For me its a down the road option,when these hands grow too tired of dealing w/gas pumps & gas caps !
    • 19007 posts
    August 8, 2015 7:19 PM PDT
    Yeah Ron, there is a market for these. Being a traditional rider I don't expect that there is one in my future but hey that is why baskin robbins had so many flavors...Tweek, don't be stickin your fingers there....HA
    • 57 posts
    August 8, 2015 10:21 PM PDT
    65-100 mile range for 20k, I personally think there is a very small group that will show interest if those are the best #s
    they can come up with.
  • August 9, 2015 8:30 AM PDT
    What in the world will these things sound like going down the road......? A hair drying or what. Admit or not the sound of a internal combustion engine is part of the draw to most riders. Remember "Loud Pipes save Lives"!
    • 19007 posts
    August 10, 2015 2:16 AM PDT

• 5419 posts
    August 10, 2015 3:40 AM PDT
    Nope, not even as loud as a hair dryer, all you hear is a wooosh sound. I was watching the all electric motorcycle race and that was really weird with them going around the track in almost complete silence!

Maybe they need to hook up a loud speaker and simulate the sound of a combustion engine :-) The remote control Harley model I have does that :-)
    • 846 posts
    August 11, 2015 10:19 AM PDT
    The Harley version will go into production. It's still a few year off but it now has a green light for production. I heard this at Sturgis. Either 2018 or 2020 I forget the date I was given.
    Having been lucky enough to ride one when they were in Boston I will say they were a blast to ride. There is a designed in turbin type noise put there still is a valid point about there noise. But for a pre-production bike it had all Harley fits & finishes already there.
    No it will not replace my Road King but I could see it parked next to it.
    • 19007 posts
    August 13, 2015 7:23 AM PDT
     and another electric bike ....but

......DAMN

is it ever

..............UGLY

• 1161 posts
    August 18, 2015 6:09 PM PDT
     I see a bunch of this in their future.  Lol
    • 5419 posts
    August 24, 2015 3:39 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
     and another electric bike ....but

......DAMN

is it ever

..............UGLY

Maybe a replacement for some of the golf carts in retirement villages 
    • 19007 posts
    August 24, 2015 9:23 AM PDT
    Actually I kind of like the bobber front and back but in the middle is what I would expect from the Segway design people.
    • 19007 posts
    September 9, 2015 10:56 AM PDT
     And another one, this time a hard tail. Sorry still looks awful!

www.gizmag.com/sine-cycles-electric-chopper/39211/ type="_moz" />
  • October 11, 2015 11:43 AM PDT
    if these become cool I'll just ride my blender an hand out free cocktails