Newbie question... Best way to attach willie & max saddle ba

• July 24, 2015 3:20 AM PDT
     I installed the saddle bag guards on my 03 sporty...not sure if these throw over bags will just flap in the wind if I don't bungee them down.  Thoughts?  Thx,  usafmsc 
    • 5420 posts
    July 24, 2015 3:35 AM PDT
    Should be okay if you have stuff in them... I rode with throw over bags on my Dyna and had no problems. or you can probably poke a couple small holes in the bags and zip tie them to the guards.
    • 3006 posts
    July 24, 2015 4:52 AM PDT
    In my experience I have found using the zip ties makes it quite a bit more difficult for a would be thief to rip them off. I came out to my ride one day & found that during the night some one had attempted to steal mine,however I assume, they must have gave it up upon realizing the bag was zip tied down and getting to the zip ties was a bigger hassle than it was worth.Using safety pins pushed thru the back of the zip tie,near the clasp, basically locks them down from any rattle or loosening or people trying to steal them.
  • July 24, 2015 12:15 PM PDT
    I zipped tied mine as well. Found riding without any tie down even with stuff in them they kept lifting up trying to fly.
    • 19034 posts
    July 24, 2015 9:41 PM PDT
    Yup, don't want any chance of them flopping around. Zip tie them.
    • 58 posts
    July 26, 2015 5:00 AM PDT
    The bags my boys used on their bikes had tie down rings attached at the bottom of the bag.
  • July 26, 2015 4:30 PM PDT
    Thanks all..zip ties sound like a solid solution..