Knee replacement

• 1855 posts
    May 13, 2015 9:37 AM PDT
    I figured if I want to sell our house I have to schedule knee replacement surgery.  Know what I mean?  The house is sure to sell when I need a place to recouperate.  Rt. knee replacement scheduled for the first week of June.   I've held off as long as I could, 5 years now.

Peace
  • May 13, 2015 11:35 AM PDT
    Listen to your body Brother. If it is telling you to replace the knee then do it. My body just told me last week to have a stent installed in one of my heart arteries.
    Chest Pains DO mean something
    Good luck to ya Brother
    Prayers coming your way
    Night Dragon
    • 57 posts
    May 13, 2015 10:42 PM PDT
    Best of Luck to you Jimmy on the knee replacement and the sale of your home,hope they both go smooth as possible,
    if you need any help packing or moving things around let me know you're not very far away.
    Good Luck to You and the Dragon
    • 1855 posts
    May 14, 2015 1:24 AM PDT
    Thanks Hunter but I've got 15 grand kids. If I can't get their help I'll just shoot myself. LOL

Peace
    • 5420 posts
    May 14, 2015 1:42 AM PDT
    I know that knee has been bugging you for a while so its probably time to get it done. Sure everything is going to go fine and you will be dancing in no time.
    • 19034 posts
    May 14, 2015 2:15 AM PDT
    Git er Done!
  • May 14, 2015 5:43 AM PDT
    Hey Jimmy, my wife is a retired surgical nurse and she says the knee replacements have come a long way, you will be up and at em' in no time! More good news, the economy is finally growing and property values are headed in the right direction again. You and Dragon take care of yourselves
    • 1855 posts
    May 14, 2015 6:20 AM PDT
    Thanks Sky. I'm not at all worried about the surgery. Of all my friends who had replacement surgery not one did poorly and said they should've done it long ago. I should've as well but up until last year's back surgery I was too busy putting on the miles. But now it is time. Thanks man. Oh, and Dragon, I'll be healed soon and plan on trying once again to hook up with you in Tn.

Peace
  • May 14, 2015 2:19 PM PDT
    I have to have both knees replaced soon and I've only heard good stories, even from the VA where I go. Hang in there and do a little recon for me, "J". We both have good intel.

Cheers!
    • 1364 posts
    May 14, 2015 11:45 PM PDT
    Have fun with your recovery, Do as the PT tells you to. Just had a total last year. No pain no gain. PT will not be fun BUT it will most defiantly be worth it in the long. Good luck. You will be pain free and rockin and rollin before you know it
    • 57 posts
    May 15, 2015 12:55 AM PDT
    HaHaHa, Geez Jimmy dont do that!!!
    • 3006 posts
    May 16, 2015 5:30 PM PDT
    Definitely listen to your body and get it done..!..I hope that all goes smoothly.

My old boss was a tennis nut, I believe he had like 5 surgeries to reconstruct his knee, due to playing. He came in the day after one of them was done.On crutches yet within two weeks he was walking regular.