Would you ride into this???

• 19034 posts
    April 6, 2015 12:06 AM PDT
     Treated to a Light Show by Mother Nature was spectacular, but I did hear a chain of riders heading thata way.... I hope they found shelter and enjoyed the show
    • 2685 posts
    April 6, 2015 12:12 AM PDT
    NOPE....but I'd set up my camera and tripod and take a million pics right from here.
    • 19034 posts
    April 6, 2015 12:18 AM PDT
    Fortunately for me Rich, this was taken 20 yards from my deck. I never felt the rain...actually I only heard a few claps of thunder so it was probably at least 10 miles away.
    • 5420 posts
    April 6, 2015 3:34 AM PDT
    yeah it looks awesome, but no way in hell when I ride into it.
    • 846 posts
    April 6, 2015 4:12 AM PDT
    I agree, Nice to look at but no way would I ride into it knowingly.
    • 1855 posts
    April 6, 2015 4:51 AM PDT
    Not a chance....1994 heading into Sturgis and this was coming at us. Turned around a dove into a motel bar just as the damn thing blew the roof of one of the buildings. Don't know for sure and never found out if the motorcycle headlights heading east coming out of the storm made it or not. But Jeffro and I got lucky.

Peace
  • April 7, 2015 11:12 AM PDT
    Scary and beautiful all at the same time.
    • 44 posts
    April 7, 2015 11:34 AM PDT

• 1 posts
    April 7, 2015 11:00 PM PDT
    While I would prefer not to I do got to admit that yes I have ridden into and through very bad weather. Just one of the bummers of living in the flat open spaces. (no where to hide from the storms)

Great picture by the way.
    • 314 posts
    April 7, 2015 11:16 PM PDT
    I would not ride in to it, i would stop and enjoy the show. Beautiful shots you got
    • 9 posts
    April 10, 2015 12:37 AM PDT
    Uhhhm....NO!

As mesmerizing as lightning can be, and even knowin' I had rubber under my azz...
    I would just as soon view that site, from a corner bistro window. Feel me?

I came perilously close to bein' struck in 1974, when the Tornado that wiped out
    Xenia, Ohio appeared over head. I was walking home from school, and my hair
    stood straight out and UP, and I felt a tingle all over...

I hit the dirt HARD, thinkin' I was dead...but it struck less than ten feet away.
    I couldn't hear for about a week.

Then the hail commenced. And some random guy stopped his car and hollered
    for me to jump in! The hail was soft-ball sized.

That tornado killed 30+ people. I was a blessed SURVIVOR.

Stay safe out there, Ya'll!!!

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 3006 posts
    April 10, 2015 4:14 AM PDT
    Awesome shot !!! Thanks for sharing this.
    No one in their right mind would think of braving a electrical storm like that one.
    I have ridden thru some pretty nasty weather,tho in my case it is not lightening that scares me.It is high winds that throw you around like a rag doll.Crossing some of the bridges in the SF bay area is a hair raising ride when the wind gets strong. Last week we had some serious winds w/tornadoes spotted near Sacramento,none touched down yet a good example of how fierce they can get here.
    • 834 posts
    April 19, 2015 12:06 PM PDT
    Only if there was free booze on the other side :-)