Radom Thoughts

• 1 posts
    June 5, 2015 1:42 AM PDT
    And these are the ones that came to mind last weekend riding to and from a wedding:
    I don't remember the earth ever smelling this fertile.
    I can not wait till the alfa fields to ripen. (I love the way they smell)
    one reason to ride a bike is we get better parking.
    Only my crazy kooky friends. (All of which I love)
    • 1 posts
    June 22, 2015 1:06 AM PDT
    How did we go from flooding and rain all the time to near 100 degree temps and 80 plus percent humidity?
    Why is it most people like this weather?
    Where is there a place that stays between 5o degrees and 80 degrees year round, with curve roads?
    • 1855 posts
    June 22, 2015 1:55 AM PDT
    I think you'll find those conditions in Hawaii but it's just one big circle of riding. I guess I'm not "most people" since I'm not fond of riding in the extreme heat; even though I am moving to Alabama. But I can always ride north. LOL

None of it mattered when I was younger though. I didn't relish the heat and humidity but being in the wind certainly helped.
    • 1 posts
    June 23, 2015 12:56 PM PDT
    Jimmy I guess when thinking back the heat did not bother me as much when I was younger. And to be honest I still ride in the hot humid weather, I just drink lots of water and try to follow the rivers and tree lines more when riding now.
    • 611 posts
    June 30, 2015 12:01 PM PDT
    Things that pop into my head while riding:
    Do those lifters sound noisier that last time?
    Did I check my oil before I left?
    The back tire feels a bit low...
    DAMN! Look at where I live! (Pacific NW)
    If a deer jumped in front of me, would I have enough time to do ANYTHING? (gotta quit watching youtube)
    WHY is this idiot in front of me going 10 under the limit?
    Why is that jerk following me so close?
    GOD I love riding my bike... why don't I do it more?
    Just a few random thoughts...
    Edge 'ThinkingTooMuch' Walker
    • 19034 posts
    July 1, 2015 9:02 PM PDT
     wow look at the Rack on that
    • 1 posts
    July 13, 2015 5:43 AM PDT
    Rex :that is not a random thought for men that is an always on their mind thought, lol.

Edge: that is funny on the 66 I was thinking that very thought turned out it was the speedo drive in the transmission. Well now I don't know how fast I am going but can tell you how far I went…lol… And yes I fixed it, but I am still going to use it as an excuse if I get pulled over… "But officer my speedo just broke." Might work, might not.
    • 1161 posts
    July 13, 2015 4:51 PM PDT
    On my new bike yesterday and was cruising with my Uncle that is visiting from Oregon. And noticed something on my new bike....

Why is my left handgrip turning in circles when the throttle is on the right side!?
    • 3006 posts
    July 18, 2015 4:58 PM PDT
    What happens to all those expensive high end riding helmets, I daydream about buying, once they become last years model and don't get sold? I was browsing some dealer inventory at a shop a few months back and was all choked up when I seen the "nice" helmets were all about 300$ more than what I budget for one.And does my cheaper FF helmet I use mean my head has a significantly greater risk of being squished??!?!
    • 1 posts
    September 4, 2015 11:42 PM PDT
    Why do people buy bikes to just hang out at bars?
    Why is what bike I am riding directly related to how far I am going?
    If I did not have to work where would I ride to?
    Why is it that on my old shovels a lot of people snub me?
    • 1 posts
    October 1, 2015 1:59 AM PDT
    Why do I see less rider in cooler weather? (my kind of weather)
  • October 12, 2015 2:11 PM PDT
    WHY are all these people in a hurry to go nowhere?
    I wish cager's had those cell phone stuck up their arse
    ONE DAY THE ROAD WILL BE MY HOME
  • November 24, 2015 1:15 PM PST
    For some bizarre reason, I sometimes think "I wonder how bad it would hurt if I plowed that abandoned car on the side of the road" to which I immediately reply "dammit - get behind me satan!" (and KMA!!!)